Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > West Bay Club or Regent Grand in Turks and Caicos

West Bay Club or Regent Grand in Turks and Caicos

Jan 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

West Bay Club or Regent Grand in Turks and Caicos

Would really appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on West Bay Club or Regent Grand. I will be traveling with my husband and 17 year old son. Realize there is a price difference but would be willing to splurge if the difference is worth it. Priority is a quiet beach/pool area.
This will be our first visit to Turks and Caicos and am overwhelmed with the beauty of Grace Bay and the many resorts to choose from!

Thank you so very much for any inputs.
Jan 13th, 2010, 04:04 AM

Have stayed at many Grace Bay resorts - not either of the 2 you mention but, have eaten at West Bay Club , viewed Condos there and at Regent Grand. Both are beautiful, I like Regent Grand better, location is great to walk to new grocery store , many restaurants and shopping. Suites are beautiful, new and what a pool..just beautiful and quiet. WB Club also nice as I said, on western end of Grace Bay , limited restaurants to walk to, more action here for sure around the pool and resort next door.
Have you checked out The Somerset? www.thesomerset.com
It's our new fav and they are offering 1 night free now.
Jan 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so very much for your reply. Am leaning towards the Regent Grand due to location. Also, my husband is very interested in the complimentary golf...
Any other thoughts and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Fodorites are the best for information and for complimenting the trip planning!
Jan 14th, 2010, 04:37 AM

I have stayed at both, love both, can't go wrong with either.

West Bay Club is more full service, with fruit passed out by the pool and beach, and is a 2 minute walk to terrific 0ff-the-beach snorkeling. They also have canoes, snorkel equipement, etc included. The rooms are gorgeous and luxurious. I actually just returned from staying there, in a couple of days I will post my trip report with pictures. I can not speak highly enough of West Bay Club, it's quiet and special. They have an excellent work out room, and and a small spa. The room prices also include a small but adequit breakfast. Currently, WBC is offering free nights-so it's really hard to beat.

Regent Grand is ultra luxurious, but more "self-catering." While there is no restaurant on the premise, it's an easy walk to numerous ones. The Regent Village is a gorgeous shopping area in front of it-so pretty it looks like a small "Worth Avenue" in Palm Beach. There is a spa shared with it's sister property, Villa Renaissance, and offers discounts on the golf course. You need a car to snorkel. (Technically you can walk it, but in heat and after snorkel can be a hike back.) It's an easy walk to a couple of shopping strips.

Both are stunning properties.
Jan 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM

corymom----haven't stayed at either one, but in two trips to Grace Bay I have to say MDH really enjoyed the golf. For a pkg. of 3 rounds he paid approx. $135 a round incl. cart. For a pkg. with more rounds the per day cost went down. He did take his clubs with him, so if you rented it would be more. By Caribbean standards, this was very reasonable for a good course.

I know you didn't ask this, but maybe it will help when choosing a resort. Grace Bay, and all of the resorts are wonderful, the beach is gorgeous, the water stunning. It is mostly quiet on the beach. The only real noise we found anywhere was at the Club Med site and that wasn't even that much. Have a wonderful time. BTW, our favorite restaurants were Coyaba and Coco Bistro.

Search this Thread