Search

Montego Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montego Beach

Hi,

I am leaving tomorrow with my 3 teenagers (12,13 and 15) for a one week all incl. at the Royal Decameron Montego Beach. Did not really had the choice.. it was the other thing that was available (3 day notice for our departure).

Any advise? Any day trip that we should take? I know about the Dunn's River falls tour? Any cie that I should go with?

What about renting my own car and do my trips?

Thanks for all your input!
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:26 AM

Do not under any circumstance rent your own car. Just be sure and get a recommended driver from the front desk.
You might consider horseback riding at Chukka Cove in St.Anns Bay. on the day you do Dunns River.(res. in advance)
If you are up for a real adventure there is also zip lining down the mountain run from the same location in St.Anns. Again res. required. It's perfectly safe and well run. You can do the zip lining at either 9 am or 1 pm. Suggest you get an early start and do the 9 am zip, then lunch then mid afternoon when it's most warm do Dunns river. (hire a guide there if you do as it's much more enjoyable. You all would have a blast doing these things.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! By the way.. what is the zip lining??? (sorry...)
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 05:40 AM

Also called the Canopy Tour and only
available on North Coast through the Chukka Cove company (you're safely
hooked up, with helmet, to cables
and literally fly through the trees).
Frank Lohmann on the South Coast at
Shafston Great House is doing a similar
adventure. Add MAYFIELDS FALLS to your list for your teens as a good alternative to Dunn's River which gets very crowded. The hip strip (Doctor's Cave, Margarittaville,etc.) right in
downtown MoBay is also a teen magnet.
Safe flight!
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:14 AM

It was the only room you could get because of the dreaded Sumfest crowds!! They're wreaking havoc in my city!!! aaaarrrggghhh!!!!

Make sure to check out the tourist office right beside your hotel. They'll have information on loads of stuff you can do.

You'll be on the Hip Strip where most of the tourist action is. You can hit the 'Ville's waterslide in the daytime as your teens may be too young for a night visit.
I'll second the Mayfield Falls suggestion, canopy tour (I did the one in Montpelier not St. Anns), the white water rafting, ATV tour in the hills of Zion, mountain biking in Hanover.

While in Ochie, make sure to check out Island Village if you want souvenirs.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:49 AM

Cho, JAGIRL, get that cig lighter out--Noddy Virtue, Beres Hammond and Missy Elliot on tonite/tomorrow, along with Capleton. Or escape to the quiet -- drive down to Whitehouse and have dinner at Culloden Cafe. They've also now started doing horseback riding at
Font Hill.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 07:09 AM

Don't need the cig lighter Tiv, you can smell the weed all over town! I think I've inhaled enough for the summer thank you very much

This year the crowds seem so much more...or maybe I'm just on the road more.

Culloden Cafe...chocolate cake! Sounds like a plan

Good Hope is another good horseback ride as well...I'm not sure those teens would appreciate the quietness of it though

I wonder how long they're gonna take to build that water park in Negril...now that should be fun when it's done!

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 07:12 AM

btw, there's white water rafting up in Lethe, which is kind of sort of in Montego Bay.

I still haven't done that one yet!
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 08:44 AM

JAGIRL: Not a one-track mind here. Wasn't referring to spliffs but to the flash of hundreds of lighters being held in air at end of
songs/lol
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 10:10 AM

ooooh!!!

LOL indeed!