Search

Marriot

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Sue

Marriot

We are staying at the Marriott in October and need to know if the bus goes as far as this resort. If not, how far does it go and how long of a walk is it from the Holiday Inn? This is our 5th trip to Aruba, so I know the island well, but have never stayed down as far as the Marriott. Also, what is the best and cheapest way to call the back to the States?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Bud

The bus stops right in front of the Holiday Inn. Too far to walk from the Marriott. If you are staying late, I would get a taxi.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:35 AM
GeorgeB

The bus does go to the Marriott! I've stayed at the Ocean Club and have taken the bus a couple of times.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Marilyn

The bus does go all the way up to the Marriott. However, the last bus leaves Oranjestad at about ll:30 PM and goes up to the Marriott. That is the last bus until about 6AM. It is about a 10-minute walk along the beach from the Holiday Inn to the Marriott.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Pearl

I stayed at the Marriott and walked to the Holiday Inn and I agree with the other post, it should not take you more than 10 mins to walk there. Also, I took a bus to the "Phone Center" where I purchased a phone card and they have several pay phones on the inside as well as outside to use. I found the phone system in Aruba hard to use and especially at the Marriott so this worked best for me.<BR>Enjoy your trip

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 02:40 PM
sue

Thanks for all the info. It is really helpful. Where is the Phone Center located?

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:50 PM
Pearl

I can't remember exactly where the phone center was located but I can tell you that it was not too far (by bus) from the Marriott. I think that it was no more than a 10 min ride and it was across the street from a big hotel, I walked over after using the phone center to catch the bus to down-town. I also remember that we walked to the Holiday Inn from the phone center once but it was really hot so we caught the bus most of the time. I'm sure that if you don't get your answer on this board that anyone at the Holiday Inn will be able to help.