Lunch in Coral Bay STJ

Mar 20th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Lunch in Coral Bay STJ

I have read many, many posts about the restaurants in STJ and have a few places for dinner picked out. Please spare me from going through all of those posts again and tell me the best place for lunch in Coral Bay. Miss Vie's sounds very appealing, but have read that she is not always open. Thanks
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM

skinny legs, miss lucys, ship wreck. yes vi's is a great place to go..have lunch, relax on her beach..slight charge/worth it..but i have gone and sometimes she hasn't been open..if not check out the others, you won't be disappointed !! i think she opens at her discretion ?
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:43 AM

We actually perfer the Coral Bay restaurants over the Cruz Bay restaurants. Shipwreck Landing(great coconut shrimp), Island Blues has a great menu and nice spot on the water, and Skinney Legs may be our favorite! The atmosphere is more relaxed on that part of the island. Vi's is great but if you do find her open, often menu items are unavailable, sold out.
Have fun...
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:10 AM

It's getting close, isn't it, Brenandg, I bet you've got those flipflops ready to go. Miss Vie is a great option, but as soggydollar points out, she is not always open or are all the menu offerings available. I suggest that you go to her beach a bit early for lunch, relax and enjoy. If she is either not open or her menu offerings that day do not appeal, you can always go back down the road to Skinny's or Island Blues which are the closest nearby. I would stick to trying her on Thurs. - Sat. between noon and 2 p.m. I have found her there throughout January, but that's high season. You will love it out in the Coral Bay area, I'm sure you'll want to spend more than 1 day out there.
Mar 21st, 2006, 06:42 AM

The main options have been mentioned...Skinny's, Island Blues both great for lunch. Shipwreck landing too, although maybe better for dinner.

51 days to go for us...and I'm already starting to think about what to pack!
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I'll try to stop bugging you guys now. Even though I had read about those restaurants in the past, I was looking for lunch input, and I got it. We will rule out Shipwreck Landing and go wherever the day takes us. Sure would like to try the Garlic Chicken at Vie's that I have read about.

Trish, I know the feeling about the "countdown". I have been doing it for a while and only 4 days to go. I have one more day to work (tomorrow) which I am sure will be torture. We leave very early Sat morning.

Thanks for answering my last minute questions.
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:27 PM

COUNTDOWN till St. John = 25 days!!! I call 25 days the "red zone"---close but not close enough!! Can't wait to cruise in on the ferry, take off my flip flops, and order a cold beer at the Beach bar.....woooo hoo!
Mar 21st, 2006, 05:28 PM

FWIW--Shipwreck Landing is handsdown our favorite food on that side of the island and we've ONLY eaten there for lunch. Although Skinny Legs is also fun and good but mainly for burgers.
Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:18 AM

We had several wonderful lunches at Island Blues. Great location and the food was excellent. They had a boulabaise (sp?) which was out of this world!

Search this Thread