Low-key Caribbean Reccs

Jan 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Low-key Caribbean Reccs

Hello,

I am looking for a low key place to go in the Caribbean that will not break the bank. I was reading about Harbour Island in the Bahamas, but, the accomodations I have reviewed thus far are very costly. I would be coming out of NYC. I am looking to go in February for about a week. I was just in Puerto Rico, so probably would prefer not going back there. Any thoughts would be great!
Jan 27th, 2012, 01:59 AM

Not sure how cheap you want to go spirit.com cheap flights
for me down to Jamaica rockhousehotel.com cheap price points for upscale but many cheaper hotels jamaica.bookit.com
Travelzoo/com Top 20 has the cheapest AIs by far up in Puerto Plata LifeStyle resorts as cheap as $10 per nite on sales for AI Browner beaches but laid back so have a look there that is a steal of a deal.
Jan 27th, 2012, 02:02 AM

This deal at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort in Puerto Plata,$11 a night at this all-inclusive beachfront
http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/cari...-Caribbean-All
Jan 27th, 2012, 02:39 AM

The Out Islands of the Bahamas are the ultimate laid-back destination, but in February, they might not be as warm as you'd like. Also, getting there can be a challenge (if that matters).

Outside of the Out Islands, when I think "low-key" and "laid-back," I think Belize - Ambergris Caye, or even more laid back, Caye Caulker. Not the best beaches, but superb snorkeling, diving, excursions to Mayan ruins, manatee watching, etc.
Jan 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I am looking at Harbour Island in the Bahamas and the Samana Peninsula in the Dominican Republic.
Jan 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM

check out isla mujeres. very low key. ppl get around on golf carts 8-)