Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Ladera, Ti Kaye or Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning on going to St. Lucia for 6-7 nights over the Christmas holidays. I'm torn between Ladera, Ti Kaye and Anse Chastanet. We're pretty adventurous, so we love the fact that the rooms at Ladera and Anse Chastanet are open to the elements. While there, we'd like to relax, do some snorkeling and hopefully some scuba diving (we'd live to get certified this summer).
I am debating on whether or not we should stay at Ladera for 3 -4 nights and then one of the other resorts for the remainder of our stay so that we get to experience two places. But, it might be a more relaxing vacation if we don't need to pack up and move half way through the trip. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 11:02 AM

That's exactly what we did...stayed a couple nights at Ladera & then moved to the Jalousie Hilton. I would highly recommend Ladera...awesome views, great food & totally relaxing. The only drawback is it is not on the beach. The shuttle goes down to the beach at the Jalousie several times a day. Also, while beautiful, the missing 4th wall would get old after 3 or so days in my opinion. Can't comment on Ti Kaye and didn't not stay at Anse Chastnet, but took water taxi there for the afternoon to snorkel & eat. I would probably not stay there due to the black sand beach and a lot of climbing to the rooms. Others may know better if actually stayed there. The beach at Jalousie is larger and has better views situated between the pitons. HTH!
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 07:23 AM

We just returned from anse chastanet and will be going back again. Beautifull resort - rustic, pretty, great food and excellent service. The beaches are "black" sand but we preferred that to the imported sand that is at Jalousie. Ladera is nice, but not on beach.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Keep in mind that over the Christmas/New Year holidays that many resorts have a 7-10 night minumum stay requirement, which may solve the problem for you. Since Ti Kaye is in a lower cost bracket, perhaps the overall price would influence your decision.

Since you intend to SCUBA, it'd probably be good for you to spend most of your time at Jalousie or AC since they have dive shops on site. Wish I could be of more help to you!