Search

Ladera rooms

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladera rooms

Looking to book a Gros Piton suite at Ladera. Anyone been and know room #? Actually, I think they're by letter. Heard O is a good one.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 05:04 AM

When are you going? Hurricane Dean just hit St. Lucia. All trees are down, I hear. Not too sure about Ladera.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

want to go Feb. or March. Have you been?
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 04:09 AM

I'm not sure how the Ladera resort made out in Hurricane Dean but, for the most part, there was remarkably little damage in St. Lucia. There are a few waterfront businesses that haven't reopened yet and some of the beaches had a lot of erosion but, other than that, if you didn't know that a hurricane passed two weeks ago, you would never guess it.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 07:27 AM

We stayed in a suite facing the Pitons. I am not sure of the name. It was lovely. The resorts isolation from the beach was a bit of a problem and the food in 2005 was fairly good. We hit a warm spell and without A/C it was not pleasant.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:15 AM

Have always been interested in staying at Ladera, but I'm not sure about how I would do with an open wall in the room. Can anyone tell me what it is like? My concern would be critters getting into your room. I wouldn't like that. Also, I worry it's hard to get to the beach. Is that the case?
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Anguillagirl, although I haven't actually stayed at Ladera, I rented a villa just above it, also with a three walled layout. My husband and I absolutely loved it - but it is not for everybody. Imagine seeing lizards on the walls (here and there), birds flying shyly into the room for a moment (or longer if you put out sugar crystals for them), and actually using a mosquito net. If you're ok with that, you will love it! If that creeps you out...best to get a different environment.

Ladera provides shuttle service to nearby beaches...so I guess it isn't hard, but you have to time it right. We always rent a car.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Ladera is wonderful. I think all the rooms face the Pitons. Yes, critter can come in but we didn't have any problems. The beds have mosquito netting so nothing bothers you at night. We were there during a tropical storm and THAT was interesting. The hotel staff left a note and a flashlight (in case the power went out) in the rooms while we were at dinner. It was a night of driving rain - but all was dry and well in the 4 poster bed. They used to have regular shuttle service down to the Hilton Jalousie beach. Hilton no longer owns Jalousie, but I imagine the same beach priveledges remain. I LOVE Ladera.