Search

La Cabana Grand Suites

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Cabana Grand Suites

We are heading to La Cabana in July and would like some advice on room selection. Are there particular locations in the Grand Suites that are better than others? Better floors? Ranges of prime suite numbers would be helpful also. Any other comments/helpful hints regarding La Cabana would be most welcomed!
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:37 AM

Apparently the Grand Suites are located in the villas. Sorry to be the bearer of negative news, but in my opinion the villas are not a great location because they are in the back of the resort with no view whatsoever (they border a road and a parking lot) They are also a longer walk to the beach. However some families like them because I think they are bigger and newer than the rooms in the La Cabana Beach Club. Because there is not a view, I don't think one location is really better than another, unless you want one on the first floor facing the pool so you can walk right out. It's a great family destination, we traded into La Cabana through our timeshare and did not have any complaints. I wouldn't recommend going with the meal plan, the food was mediocre and there are so many great restaurants in Aruba.
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply, Eileen. I knew that the villas were in the back of the resort without an ocean view. Do all the balconies/patios face in towards the pool/courtyard or do some face out the other way too? I had heard the balconies were very small so perhaps a patio with a party of 4 might be a better option. As far as location, I meant at one end versus the middle?, near the Dunkin' Donuts?, etc....
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:28 AM

I did hang out a lot at the Villas pool because it was quieter, but I don't remember seeing balconies face the pool, unless they were very small. I could be wrong though. I think your best bet is a 1st floor with the patio facing the pool, then at least you will not be looking at a parking lot. Everything's about the same distance away, so I don't think it matters. In case you have to call home (you might not if you are bringing your children) the Villas lobby had one of the few pay phones you could call the U.S. on. We had a terrible time with phone calls from Aruba, none of our calling cards or credit cards worked from our room -- I had to wait in line 45 minutes at a pay phone while some teenager chatted with her boyfriend! Everything else was great. We are going back in the fall and bringing our children this time.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

to the top...
Old May 23rd, 2003, 07:53 PM

Yes, the balconies face the pool. Mine overlooked the pool and standing. We were on one end and standing on my balcony Dunkin' Donuts was on my left. If all the suites were like ours, and I think they pretty much are, they all face the pool.