Jumby Bay Question

Old Oct 15th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Original Poster

Jumby Bay Question

In a few weeks, I will be making my first trip to Jumby Bay. While I realize it is all inclusive with gratuities, I am unsure about tipping for extra charge services such as the spa.

If anyone has some information about this it would be most appreciated.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 04:56 AM

Diane you will love Jumby! Its easy to be unsure about tipping, since we do not carry around cash. I must admit, you do not have to sign for a massage its easy to forget. So, I try to remember to bring a tip when I go for the service. Su is wonderful!
If you schedule a pedicure etc,they come to your room from the mainland, payment it done at the time of the service, so its not a problem.

The staff is wonderful, we have been there many times and never tipped, the service is above and beyond. So on our past few trips we pick a top few! It is not expected at all! We are off again in November!
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Penny for your help. I am looking forward to my first Jumby/Antigua experience.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 04:16 AM

Have a great trip! I think you mentioned you are splitting your time between Caneel and Jumby! The only thing I miss about Caneel is the wonderful snorkeling! Jumby is much more personal, no day trippers, or crowded beach bar terrace! Long lunches are so relaxing, the service outstanding! We are splitting our time too-Cap Juluca -Jumby!
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 06:23 AM

So, Diane how was your trip. I hope you missed the rain at Jumby. Please post on Caneel and Jumby. Love to read your thoughts!