Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Need advice on Sandy Lane in Barbados....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering going there for our honeymoon and I'm still hesitant because of the price. Of course, now that we've seen how Sandy Lane is, nothing else compares and we just keep going back to SL. Can anyone give me a ballpark on extra expenses such as drinks, dinner, taxis, etc for a trip to this place? Thanks!
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 10:34 PM

This may sound flipant but if you have to have ask for the price in Sandy Lane its too expensive! Saying that, there is no reason why should dine, drink at Sandy Lane. You are very close to Holetown with its restaurants and there are many other restaurants around you. Taxis therefore would not be expensive. One recommendation- if you are going into Bridgetown during the day take the bus (locally called the boogey bus) - great fun and unforgettable- and something like a dollar and a half!
Why not chose another 5 star hotel and splash out on the restaurants in the evening- there are so many fantastic ones.
Old Nov 29th, 2003, 05:51 AM

Better than a taxi, is to rent a car--

here is an email address of one that is reputable--

[email protected]

then you can hit a ton of other restaurants without breaking the bank and still having some terrific meals overlooking the water that are available in Barbados...

It is fine driving by yourselves down there...

Forget the nasty post about if you have to ask the price, you should not be staying there...

YES- stay at Sandy Lane- it is the PREMIER resort on Barbados..and yes, rent a car and go to other places for dinner....You will have the honeymoon of a lifetime at Sandy Lane..

Old Nov 29th, 2003, 08:26 AM

Andy
lighten up! I'm sure that Kay took it in the light hearted manner in which it was so obviously written.If I was meaning to be nasty I would not have gone on to give some good( I hope!) advice.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 10:58 AM

Another nice resort to consider is Coral Reef Club -- they have fabulous Plantation Suites and luxury suites that rival Sandy Lane.

Lois
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate the feedback.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:51 PM
caribtraveler

Kaygirl,
if there's one thing i learned after being married (several girl friends of mine, married like me, agree)...you only honeymoon once (hopefully) so go ahead and splurge on the honeymoon you want. because after that, you'll buy the house, you'll have the kids (meaning there will always be other expenses) and that's when you'll do the cheaper vacations. so don't do the cheaper vacation on your honeymoon, do the one you really want...and make it the fabulous memory that it should be.
enjoy!