Reload this Page >

Upscale resort or villas - Anguilla or Nevis

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:25 AM
Simon

I'm looking for an upscale property with fine furnishings and amenities such as private pool and bidet. (this is an important option - I'll spare you the reasoning). We're looking for great dining, as well as some casual local dining with some local flavor. <BR>I'm not looking for the country club set. Just classic luxury without being pretentious. Is this possible. We've done the Four Seasons and found it very pretentious.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:18 AM
penny

Pool villa at CJ should fit the bill!<BR>Bidets too! Its not pretentious, its very laids back.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:23 AM
O.T.

CaribbeanWay.com has many upscale properties in Anguilla on their books, some of them with pool and on the beach.<BR><BR>Anguilla has all categories of dining too.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:51 AM
anonymous

Just stayed at Cap Juluca Anguilla and Four Seasons Nevis for my honeymoon. I would go with a Cap Juluca villa which comes with a private pool, bidet, fine dining as well as casual local dining. You may get a golf cart to go with your villa for travel around Cap. You will also have a view of St Martin from Cap. All of the villas are on the beach. Pimms is the fine dining restaurant at Cap. Georges is more casual with delicious food as well. Kemia is another restaurant at Cap. See Cap Juluca website for more information. I did one of the packages for my honeymoon. It was wonderful and very relaxing!!!!!! If you chose Cap Juluca, try eating at Tastys especially the seafood salad which is nothing like I've had in the US.<BR><BR>Four Seasons Nevis does have a different feel and was wonderful too. It had a resort feeling but was still laid back. Food was great here too.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:26 PM
Simon

thanks.. I think we'll try CJ. We saw the resort last time when we stayed at Cuisinart. The villas sound like they will indeed fit the bill. <BR>We really want some down time. Can someone recommend some OUTSIDE eating. Or can we get a personal chef for a couple of nites? We really don't want to eat at the resort.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:04 PM
anonymous

Tasty's is not onsite at Cap Juluca. Sorry if I confused you about that. It is a local restaurant. Tasty's is the only restaurant I tried off site from Cap. I mentioned Tasty's in case you decide to stay at Cap Juluca versus a resort in Nevis.<BR><BR>I looked at Cuisinart while there in Anguilla, a whole tour of the property and rooms. I think Cap is much better. <BR><BR>I heard others say the the food is good at Malliouhana (?) resort. Ask the locals, they will know where to find good food.<BR><BR>Just so you know, you can get your meals served at your villa. By the way, I don't remember seeing a kitchen for the guests to use at the villa I looked at. The Cap villas with a private pool/bidet/etc. are 4 or 5 bedrooms that you can close off from other bedrooms, and then you have an open area where the dining room and sitting area/lounge, TV, stereo etc. are located. Maybe there are some villas with a kitchen that guests can use? Ask Cap..

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:53 PM
penny

Have been going to Anguilla and CJ, since 93! The hotel is wonderful, but we keep going back because of the nice dining and wonderful Anguillians. The best part of our vacation is going outside the hotel. Many many choices!!!<BR> Altamer is a new location, right on <BR>the water with chef Maurice Leduc, lovely spot! CoveCastles kitchen is excellent. Sure the usual raves Mangos, Blanchards and Straw Hat. Malliouhana and Santorini!! HIbernia, and Scilly Key! Trattoria, with the the to die for lobster ravoli as you sip wine and listen to Andrea Boccelli or Sarah Brightman as you gaze into the lovely water at Shoal Bay West! <BR>BTW each pool suite/and or villa has a full kitchen.<BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:09 PM
anonymous

Thanks Penny for the answer. We were not shown a kitchen during our tour of a pool villa.