Reload this Page >

Honeymoon: Anguilla or Nevis?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Jeff

We are trying to make or final decision on our honeymoon destination for the first week of December this year. We have narrowed it down to three locations on Anguilla(Cap Juluca, CuisinArt or Malliouhana) or the Four Seasons on Nevis. All places meet our needs for amenities(Bonus= FS has the only full golf course). For the packages we are looking at, CJ and Malli are about the same price. FS is about $1000 more and CuisineArt is about $1500 less. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Nancy

Hello,<BR>I have been to both CuisinArt and Four Seasons Nevis.<BR>For a honeymoon, I would recommend Anguilla and CuisinArt.<BR>The golf course at FS is absolutely breathtaking, but I don't think that it alone justifies the extra cost.<BR>The beach at CA is much nicer than the beach at FS - that's not to say Pinney's is not nice - but Anguilla is known for its beaches.<BR>I found the food at CA to be quite a bit better than FS and less expensive as well.<BR>Finally, for shoppers, people who love good restaurants, or those that like night life, more of that can be found via ferry trips to St. Martin from Anguilla as opposed to St. Kitts and Nevis.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Jeff

Nancy, Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Any one else been to the other resorts in Anguilla???<BR>Thanks Jeff

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Jeff

Any other help out there?

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 11:58 AM
cleo

Cap!! We didn't stay at Cap (we stayed much lower end at Carimar) but we hit every beach on the island and the one at Cap (Maundy's Bay? Might be wrong and might have spelled it wrong) was the most incredible of all. There were tons of beautiful shells and the water was just incredible. <BR><BR>Any way you go, Anguilla is incredible. Heard the FS is nice (of course, it's FS!) but always hear iffy things about Nevis...<BR><BR>Have fun and good luck!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Nancy

We were at Cap Juluca in July and loved it. The service, beach, and food are excellent and the view of St. Martin is just incredible. We visited Cuisinart and Malliouhana. The resort and the rooms (we saw a Jr. Suite) at Cuisinart did not have the European feel that Cap Juluca has and we felt that the view at Cap was much better than the view at Malli. We too, looked at all the same resorts and chose Cap because it offered exactly that we wanted. Cap Juluca is definitely worth the $$$$. You will love Anguilla, the beaches are beautiful, the food is incredible (especially at CJ at George's and Kemia) and the people are extremely friendly. CJ does not have a golf course, but it does have a putting green!<BR><BR>Congratulations and have a great honeymoon! <BR>

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Robyn

Jeff:<BR><BR>Does the choice of island make any difference to you?? Are you just focused on the resorts? Because Nevis is a beautiful island. It wins hands down over Anguilla in terms of natural beauty. And I don't know what the "iffy" things Cleo is referring to, but Nevis is a gentle, safe island with friendly people. Nevis has a lot of character and history. However, if you just want to veg out on a great beach, Anguilla would do just fine.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 01:31 PM
2manychoices!

CuisinArt cannot compare to Cap, Malli or 4Seasons. but then it's not as expensive either. I would choose Anguilla rather than Nevis but 4Seasons is a beautiful property with excellent dining and if you want golf the best choice. For beach Anguilla cannot be beat. Mallihouhana has a few cottages on the beach but most accomodations are cliffside. CusiinArt's rooms are just not as comfortable or as luxurious as either Cap or Malli. No transport between St. Martin and Anguilla at night so going there for night life or dinner is not usually an option. CuisinArt was at the bottom of our list for good dining not even worth a return with so many good options on Anguilla and we were staying there. Go to Cap with all the accomodations on the wonderful beach and good choices for dining but you will want to try other restaurants too. No contest!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Jeff

Cleo, Nancy, Robyn and 2manychoices,<BR>Thanks for your thoughts!<BR>Jeff

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Catherine

We have heard great things about all but more about CJ. We are headed there this winter. Have a great trip!<BR>Catherine

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:37 PM
Adam

We went to both the Four Seasons and Cap Juluca on our honeymoon, and Cap is by far the more romantic, secluded choice. The Four Seasons is a resort -- golf course, big pool, small and fairly unimpressive beach, and ballrooms. Cap is unlike any other place on Earth -- spectacular beaches, service, rooms, and seclusion. And the food on Anguilla is stunningly good -- there are several four-star restaurants on the island. Bottom line: if you can do both, then do so. But if you can only choose one, Cap is the one.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Anonymous

I agree with Adam. For my honeymoon, I stayed at Cap Juluca first, then later at Four Seasons Nevis. Both are excellent choices. I would pick Cap for over FS for the same reasons Adam stated. Cap is more secluded, peaceful, romantic, and smaller. Definitely first class. Cap is absolutely wonderful!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Mario

Jeff, I've narrowed my honeymoon down to those exact two places as well. Based on everything that I've been able to find, I'm going with Cap. I've been really torn, but my decision points have come down to the beach, the smaller size, the rooms and the food reviews. I've never been to either and both look great. I'd be interested in your decision process.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 12:35 PM
tim

Jeff - I am in the same boat with regards to honeymoon planning. Torn between a few differnet places. My plan (for now) is to do 7 at Cap and 4-5 at the Ocean Club next to Atlantis. My thought was that we would spend a week relaxing then follow it up with a few days in the "Vegas type" atmosphere. Hope this helps...

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Tina

Hi Jeff,<BR><BR>I have never been to FS in Nevis, but Anguilla is a slice of heaven! The most beautiful beaches and great restaurants! Good Luck!

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Free Advice

I don't understand why would anyone waste precious vacation time and financial resources getting from Anguilla to Nevis, or worse, from Anguilla to Bahamas. It requires 2-3 plane changes and coordination of flights. Folks, if you want to visit multiple islands, choose schedules that make sense. Combine Nevis with St Kitts. Combine Anguilla with a stopover in St. Martin (or St. Barts).

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 06:42 AM
johnno

I agree with the St. Martin/Anguilla suggestion. Spend a few days in St. Martin, enjoy the restaurants, nightlife, etc., and then head over to Anguilla to enjoy the solitude. By the way, Cap Juluca is as good as everyone says that it is.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Susan

I too am interested in Cap Jaluca. However, I heard that the rooms do not have AC? Does this make the rooms warm/hot at night for sleeping?

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 10:16 AM
penny

Love my cool nights! Cap Juluca most definitly has a/c! It gives those who chose not to use it, the louvre doors, fans etc. Its nice to have a choice!

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 04:34 AM
linda

But you cannot listen to music in your room unless you bring your own CD player. Or RENT one for a fee from the front desk.<BR>