honeymoon advice

Aug 6th, 2005, 09:13 AM
klw
Original Poster

honeymoon advice

My fiance and I will be getting married next June and need help finding a honeymoon spot. We want to go somewhere ritzy and luxurious, but don't want to be in tons of debt when we return. We would be interested in having a private villa/house/cottage on the beach. We would like to have amenities such as air conditioning and hopefully television. We are willing to pay, but at the same time, we do not have money to waste. We both want to go somewhere in the Carribbean. We have heard wonderful things about Rosewood hotels such as Jumby Bay and Little Dix Bay. We also have been looking into Turks and Caicos, British Virgin Islands, and Nevis. We honestly need help narrowing down our options. We do want to be directly on the beach. We also would like to be somewhere that we wouldn't get bored if we were to stay for 7-9 days. Obviously, we need a lot of help. We would appreciate any advice that can be given. Thanks!
Aug 6th, 2005, 10:29 AM

If I had my honeymoon to do over again, I would definitely rent a villa. For 2, the prices are lower even on the bigger villas. What could be more romantic and luxurious than a gorgeous villa to yourselves. All the things you are dreaming of can be yours and at a lower price than $400-700 per night in a resort even in low season. I'll post again if I come across any interesting options. Good luck and congrats.
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:37 PM

KLW -- I would highly recommend Cap Juluca in Anguilla. Its the very best of all that you are looking for in a honeymoon resort. You may also consider spending a few days in St. Barth (its a 20 min flight from Anguilla). We spent 4 days in Anguilla and 3 in St. Barths.
Aug 13th, 2005, 07:08 AM

We are marrying in May & kind of going through the same thing as you. We are considering... Cap Juluca- Anguilla, Parrot Cay- Turks & Caicos, Four Seasons- Nevis. All sound great. Let me know what you decide.
Aug 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM

nevis would be nice..you also have easy acess/travel to st.kitts to explore there also.4 seasons is great but don't overlook Nesbit Plantation. great place!!not a large resort and you stay in your own cottage/all nicely redone/decorated this year!!www.nesbitplantation.com/good luck with your plans.
Aug 15th, 2005, 07:46 PM
iw

Another vote for Nevis/St. Kitts. It is really cool to have such easy access to 2 islands, by ferry for very little $. They are beautiful. I was amazed at the low cost of villas in Nevis. Lots to see and do! Rainforest hike, water activities, Sunshines....we were saddddd to leave after 9 days! Have fun and congrats!
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:41 AM

What kinds of activities are you interested in? Do you want a big playground? Are you extremely active? Do you want something on a very challenging level or are you golfers or are you more enthusiastic about sightseeing and shopping? Watersports? Horseback riding? Hiking? The recreation options can be boundless from island to island, so if you narrow it down a little more from not wanting to be bored, we can probably zero right in. You did a great job in describing the villa and beach you want!

Search this Thread