Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Need your recommendations on a honeymoon location please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Brian

We are beginning our honeymoon research and I came upon this site. The board members sound very knowledgable. Our honeymoon is in November.<BR><BR>Here is what we envision:<BR>- clean, spacious room <BR>- large, white sand beach with crystal blue water, a beach chair, and a fruity drink <BR>- free watersports and tennis at the resort <BR>- nice food, but doesn't have to be five-star - we would consider other than an AI <BR>- Would prefer not to relive Spring Break atmosphere, but fun nighttime entertainment at the resort is highly desired (bands, beach dances, plays, etc.) <BR>- RELAXATION! <BR><BR>Any recommendations, from Tahiti to the Caribbean, will be very much appreciated. If you have pictures, that would be very helpful. <BR><BR>I've read some about the Sandals Resorts, Swept Away Negril, etc. but that is about it.<BR><BR>Thank you!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Jan

What budget range are we talking about?

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Brian

We are looking to spend about $5000 for 8-10 days including flights from the midwest.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Tracy

The Jalousie Hilton in St. Lucia. It is a perfect honeymoon spot. Beautiful individual villas on the side of the mountain - each with their own plunge pool - beautiful beach and pool<BR><BR>You will feel like you are the only ones there. Dining was pretty good - no like an AI but they have an AI program. I would say if you want to have a really elegant and special honeymoon - definitely check into this one. Also - the helicopter is a must from the airport. <BR>There are alot of fun things to do at night to fill your time (Monday night Managers cocktail party at Ladera is alot of fun - Wednesday night show at the Bang with fire eaters and such) but remember you are on your honeymoon.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Bud

I think Cap Juluca on Anguilla is the best resort in the Caribbean. Also, the Cusinart Resort on Anguilla is fabulous.