Jacketwatch...

Old Jun 29th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacketwatch...

Hi. I enjoy reading your posts and know you have been to GC and Aruba. Where else have you been?
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM

Holy cow now I must think! .And its so hard with such a flattering comment. I'm blushing . Well here goes:
Bahamas twice
Jamaica thrice
Hawaii 4 times (inc. our BI trip upcoming0
Mexico 6-7 times
PR, DR, Aruba, Curacao
India 4 times
England, Scotland and Spain
Med. cruise to France, Italy and Malta
St. Thomas,
Bardados
Martinique
Fiji- the best!
Thanks again for the lovely comment. How about you? Where have your travels taken you?
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Let's see...

Bahamas ~ twice
Cruise ~(PR, St. Thomas, Bahamas)
Aruba
Grand Cayman
Anguilla
England

So what's your favorite been so far?

And where do you want to go next?

I think our next trip will be to Turks & Caicos, BVI or Belize. Would love to make it to Tahiti one day...
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Anguilla sounds really cool. I hope to get there one day. Our favorite place was Fiji. We had great weather (go during our summerm their winter), super friendly people and reasonable prices. In fact dinner for 3 was about $50.00 though the dollar was much stronger then. (2001) We still say Bula, the Fijian version of aloha. Our next trip will be to the BI in about 1 month and I can't wait. Pretty busy at work so some serious beach time is overdue. I don't think you can go wrong with anyone of the selections for your next trip. I would like to try Tahiti too but by cruise or club med. Eating out there is outrageous. $15-20 for a hamburger and $30-35 for breakfast. That is why we chose Fiji instead and we were very happy with that choice. I would luv to go again but is is pretty far for us, about 4 hrs. to LA, then 10 hrs. to Fiji. where do you live?
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Hey. We live in Maryland. How about you?

Would you say you need at least 2 weeks for Tahiti/Fiji? I want to plan that for an anniversary trip in the future. Do you have any pics from there that you could email?

Anguilla was great! You'll definitely have to go there sometime. Food and beaches were incredible. I posted a trip report and photo link recently in case you didn't see it.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 05:06 AM

Hi Kristen: We live in a suburb of Chicago. Go Cubbies! I did not have a dig. cam for our Fiji trip so sadly no pics. We spent 10 nights there and for us that was fine. Interestingly the flight arrives very early and we were at the hotel by 0600 and departing the plane leaves around 2200 so you really have two full days sandwiching your trip. The best prices I found were from Costco, a buyers club like Sams. Now I believe they offer 7 days hotel and air from LA for about $1600.00 and that is at a nice hotel too. Again do go in our summer time because Fiji is in the So. hemisphere and their summer is really hot and rainy. I hope you get there to see this great place. The island is lush and the people are friendly. Bula! That is the Fijian version of Aloha! Larry
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 06:48 AM
mm

Hey, why don't you guys get a room?!

:^)

mm
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 11:53 AM

Jacketwatch you have a very nice list. I have to say Fiji is at the top of my list, so I am very envious of you and anyone else who has been. (amongst the other places I want to go-Fiji, Bali, Seychelles, Maldives, Tahiti) How would you compare Fiji to Hawaii or even the Caribbean?
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Traveling Sue...

I would love to go to the Maldives & Seychelles too...

damn travel channel
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 12:54 PM

You sound like a Travel Channel addict just like me. It's just these places are so far from NYC. I would go to them all otherwise. I usually travel to Europe and the Caribbean. Check out this place in Bali. Talk about HEAVEN. Turn up your volume. http://www.begawan.com/indexflash.htm
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Wow! Too bad I can't afford to stay in a place like that.

I know what you mean about the travel time...I live in MD.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 03:35 PM

Hi guys: I luv the TC too. What is so cool about Fiji is the people. They are some of the friendliest I have ever met and perhaps too it is the So. Pacific culture one gets exposed to. For example they don't believe in tipping so if you pay by CC there is no line to add the tip amt. Prety good beer too. . Seriously though it is lush but no more so than many Carib. islands and perhaps less so than Hawaii. There is something, IMHO about volcanic islands like Hawaii and even Martinique that seems to add an a special element of natural splendor that non volcanic islands do not have. As I said you hear the word "Bula" alot and it always seems to be sincere. Interestingly as well about 50% of thye pop. is of Indian origin so really you get a mix of two cultures. It is a very unique place. For us Fiji is certainly the top vacation destination we have had. If only it wasn't so far Cheers, Larry