Islands/Cruise with Baby

Feb 13th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Islands/Cruise with Baby

Looking to go either to a caribbean island or a cruise with a 5 month old. Would like to find a hotel or cruise line that would have a "baby club" for the baby for a few hrs maybe some days for mom and dad to relax. Any suggestions??
Feb 13th, 2003, 05:35 PM
CF

Do what we did...talk really nice to grandma and get away on a romantic trip without junior.
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

beleive me we tried! Grama - aunts and uncles - I can't tell you how many times I babysat the 4 nieces and nephews - but all older 10+ and no one wants a new born - nice huh? So suggestions are undorfunatly needed. That's why we want one with a baby club
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:04 AM

I will make a suggestion for you.
The nicest hotel on the island of Cozumel in the Mexican Caribbean is the Intercontinental Presidente.
They have an absolutely wonderful staff and the Mexican people LOVE babies (who doesn't?) and take only the very best care of them.
I know they have an extensive children's program there, and I have stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks every year for 10 years and seen babies there with what looked to me like hotel employees.
It is a wonderful hotel on a gorgeous beach in a fun place, so you might want to look into it.
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the suggestion - will look into it. We love Mexico but never have been to Cozumel - and we LOVE water and snorkelling. We will check it out!
Thanks!
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:50 PM

http://www.intercontinental.com/mexico/cozumel/hotel_cozpre.shtml

Here's the website.

Some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere in the Caribbean right in front of the hotel...
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone tried Club Med Ixtapa or Beaches?
Beaches looking at Sandy Bay - any advice - we are on a bit of a budget therefore cannot go too crazy in price but want a nice hotel.
I think we prefer to do an all inclusive thing with day program for the baby
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:59 AM

My brother inlaw is currently at Beaches in Negril Jamaica. They picked Beaches because they had babysitting for part of the day (9-5 maybe?) I'll post when they get back as to how they liked it if you are interested.
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kristi - I would appreciate that!
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:12 PM

Brijax, my brother in law reported back and said that they had an excellent time at Beaches Negril and are even talking about returning next year. They felt perfectly comfortable leaving their baby with the nannies there so they could go diving or on excursions.

They thought it was a little expensive but it is high season and the all inclusive price included unlimited diving which can be quite expensive.

They said the food was typical AI food, the reservation only restaurant was good. They said the rooms were fine. And they loved Negril!

Hope this helps!
Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:41 PM

You might try one of the 2 FDR resorts in Jamaica (FDR and Pebbles FDR). while many resorts including Beaches have GREAT kids programs, they don't all accept infants. My sister went to FDR and took her children.
It is neat because at FDR, rather than a regular kids progran, each family that arrives is assigned their own personal nanny upon arrival. Teh nanny goes with you everywhere you if you want them to or jsut sometimes, or can babysit for you. My sister LOVED it and couldn't stop raving. thsi resort is nice enough it is no Ritz Carlton or anything but if you have and infant, it is the way to go!