Reload this Page >

Is the St. John ferry safe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:04 AM
David

There was an assault on the St. John to St. Thomas ferry on Sunday. Does anyone have the details, was a tourist assaulted? I saw it listed under "assaults" at this site:<BR><BR>http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_records?id=187283<BR><BR>Also, is Lindqvist Beach safe? I noticed there was an assault listed there on Sunday as well.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:52 AM
Joel

No, the USVI's are not safe. They are very very dangerous. There are muggers and rapists on every corner. The robbers are bold and brazen, the murderers scare me so much I can hardly tell you. If I were you I'd stay far far away, maybe in the South Bronx, or in South Central LA. You are much safer there.<BR>I would never ever go to the USVI on vacation, far too dangerous.<BR>LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS....OH MY.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:51 AM
Kay

I took the ferry from St. Thomas to Tortola and loved it. I went up on teh top deck and watched the teh islands go by. There were lots of other tourists on board and everyone seemed to be enjoying the ride. <BR><BR>When you are out and baout in your own home town or in another country use common sense and don't go to remote or dimly lit locations locations and keep all your valuables safely packed away or back home. <BR><BR>If you want to go to St. Thomas go and enjoy yourself just be alert where ever you go.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:56 AM
Ferty

The major problem with the USVI is the fact that they are full of Americans, the most violence prone people on the face of the earth. Thanks to the National Rifle Association and people like Chuckie Heston, Dubya Bush (our alleged president), and their ilk, the criminals rule the US because they can so easily get ahold of guns to use in their crimes. I hope those NRA yahoos are proud of what they are doing ... perhaps when one of them gets mugged at gun point, or shot, they will change their tune. What a bunch of radicals they are

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:01 AM
cdt

Methinks David 1019 is getting a bit carried away with the police blotter. In the Sapphire Beach thread he says there was a "robbery" there because the VI newspaper listed a "burglary." There's a difference. A burglary report could well mean someone came back to their room and found their camera missing, or somesuch.<BR><BR>I suspect that reading the police news from just about any island would create a bad impression. There are lots of arrests in Aruba, for instance, but it is considered a pretty safe place.<BR><BR>That said, I have seen several negative reports about Lindqvist Beach. Even St. Thomas residents have suggested that tourists avoid it unless they're in a fairly large group.<BR><BR>The ferry is used by hundreds of tourists daily and it sure felt safe to me.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:19 AM
Ronnie

It is truly sad that this person continues to post. He/She is always there to post negative things about the USVI. He/She also impersonates a few well intended people who used to post here. They have discontinued in hope they might go away. To show you how low they have gone, they have take the name of one of the posters recently deceased husband and added one of the numbers from one of her screennanmes to come up with these posts. It is really getting tiring, because unsuspecting folks come along and read this stuff. Hopefully they can read through the garbage and pick sense from nonsense. <BR>Over a million people visit the USVI annually. Imcidents do happen. Everyone tries to make everyone aware of the dos and don'ts to insure their safety. <BR><BR>How about something positive like this site?<BR>http://new.onepaper.com/stthomasvi/?v=d&i=&s=Newsocal&p=52514<BR>These are the things that you should also be reporting, not just the <BR>negatives.<BR>Oh yeah, He/She feels that I must say I own property in the USVI. There!<BR><BR>One more time, I ask you to reveal yourself and stop hiding behind other people's names.<BR>Ronnie

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:20 AM
Jed

I just returned from USVI's and the ferry rides were great. I can't imagine an assault on the ferry, unless it were drunk tourist. The posting in this thread about gun control is ridiculous. Do a little research on the banning of guns in Jamaica.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:10 AM
chazz

Hey Ronnie -<BR><BR>If there was an assault on the ferry, I wonder if it was somebody attacking the guy who's been writing the "tripping" reports on the USVI forum for terminal cuteness?<BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:30 AM
Gabe

Whenever you have more than 2 people there will be crime of some sort. But, I think that these jabs are to rile up KarenW as it seems she may have ticked off a few people. Just have to learn to weed out the fact from the fiction on these BB's just as in life.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:41 AM
Black

Aside from the occasional mutiny, and Pirates launching cannons wantingd to steal gold, rum, and treasures of the tourists, the damn thing is safe. Now go away with and take the stupid question with you.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:50 AM
Joe Tourist

Ronnie,<BR><BR>Agree totally with you. This clown who hides behind other peoples names has struck again. Too bad he is spineless and needs to act this way....afraid to let people know who he really is.<BR><BR>It's a shame that people looking for good information on the VI have to try to figure out what information is legit and what is the garbage that this flamer is posting.<BR><BR>I'd sure like to know where he lives, since based on his posts, it must have absolutely no negative happenings.<BR><BR>Go to the VI. If you have any common sense, it is safe or safer than where you live.<BR><BR>Joe

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:45 PM
Linda

Whoa, Ronnie, do you really expect us to believe your conspiracy theory that a "He/She" is out to get you and your buddies, and supposedly creates names from posters' dead husbands?? Are you smoking the herb brother?? All I see is a link to a news site with some crime reports. Maybe someone just wants people to be safe and informed?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:16 PM
JB

It's SO simple - anytime someone posts links to news about crime in the USVI, the USVI business owners whine and attack the messenger... <BR>Anyone who really cares about peoples safety can check the daily police reports at <BR>www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/records<BR>

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Ronnie

Well Linda, maybe you should take a look at the thread entitled Trip Report: St. Thomas, and see what he/she has concocted this time. He/She has taken a trip report from KarenW from another message board and has changed the wording on it to say some pretty derogatory things, including things about me. You be the judge. Today it seems his, her name is JB on this thread. On that thread it is Tom. <BR>You be the judge and you will see what I am talking about. There is nothing wrong with alerting people as to what is going on. But when you make things up, like they do, it's truly sick. I have no idea what their ulterior motive is and I can't believe that this is allowed to go on a message board like this!<BR>Happy Fourth!<BR>Ronnie

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Scultz

Hypocrite Ronnie has a history of spamming this board with his website address and recommending his bed and breakfast. He's been caught doing that here more times than one. And his friend "KarenW" uses multiple names all over the web to spout her drivel, but that's okay with Ronnie. He must be her bitch!