Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Is it worth it to go to Nevis FS for 3 nights/2days

Old Nov 10th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, My final choice. My room is booked at CJ for 6 nights. Should I try to stay at Cap Juluca for two more days or go to Nevis (spend most of day packing, traveling) spend 3 nights, but really only 2 full days at Four Seasons. The only reason I am considering this is because everyone says the Four Seasons and Nevis are great and I am wondering if I should spend a couple of days there to check it out. I haven't been to either place. My husband wants to do it, but I am thinking I might just rather stay put at Cap Juluca.

Let me hear what those of you that have been there would do. Thanks.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Sunnyboy

Such a dilemma! It's always hard to say whether something is "worth it" since the person offering the opinion doesn't know all your particular circumstances. That said, getting from Anguilla to Nevis is a bit of a hassel and you are going to loose 1 day of your vacation travelling. Assuming you don't mind the added travel time, ask yourself if the extra cost of the inter-island transportation plus the imputed cost for the 4S hotel room (you are paying a daily rate for the amenities but not there to use them) are accepitable to you. If so, then I suppose it is "worth it". Only you can decide that for yourself.

CJ and 4S are both very nice resorts but I'm not sure I'd make that particular trip to spend only 2 days at the 4S. Others, I'm sure, will have a different opinion.

Old Nov 10th, 2005, 03:05 PM

Having been to both I would say the time lost in transfer makes the decision easy. Stay at CJ. But understand you are going from a beach island to one with some beaches but lots of lush foliage.
Ideally a trip of 5 nights at CJ and 4 at Nevis would be the ideal.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM

You are trying to do too much. What's the emergency? Why don't you make the most of CJ (if you want a change of pace, St. Martin is just 20 minutes away by ferry). Nevis is wonderful but two days won't do it justice. Of course, the decision is yours and if money is no object you can obviously do it but I think you would regret the rushed effort.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 03:29 PM

Why don't you just relax at Cap Jaluca? It is a stunning place and Anguilla is great island. I think you are very lucky to be going!
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM

I also vote for staying put at CJ. To lose a whole day traveling is a HUGE minus at this point in my life. Over the years I've learned that God willing there is always another destination just waiting for us to come visit "next year". I love looking forward to that idea. Quite frankly that is a great motivator for myself.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 06:23 PM

Hi WTexan,
You are getting good advice, why not totally relax and enjoy what CJ has to offer? Use the money saved by not going to Nevis this time to plan a separate trip there! It is very easy to combine St. Martin or St. Bart's from CJ if you feel restless, and want to explore a bit. I can't answer if you will get in the snorkling you desire by going to St. Martin or St. Bart's, but if you have not been to either before you can put them on the list of done that!! I hope you have a wonderful trip and really hope to hear back from you when it is done!!!
Carol
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

I was hoping for an overwhelming opinion one way or another. Thanks fodorites. I am going to stay at CJ! I don't want to spend $1,000/day for packing and traveling all day. Thanks for making that clear to me. Nevis will have to wait.

I do feel very fortunate that I am going to be able to take this trip! Now, if I can just get my FFM seats!

Old Nov 11th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Good for you on the decision! Good luck on the FFM seats, one must be persistant in that area...don't I know that first hand