Reload this Page >

Is it romantic enough??

Search

Is it romantic enough??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Nate

Is it romantic enough??

Planning a honeymoon to St John, late June early July of next year........We are staying at the Westin, my only concern is whether or not this resort is romantic enough. I am also interested to hear about teh weather on St John during June and July

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Paulo

We found St. John to be very romantic. It's a very picturesque island with lots to do.<BR><BR>As far as the Westin, I can't really say, the grounds were lovely but have not seen the rooms. <BR><BR>We rented a villa as many people who were there the same time we did also rented a villa and the consensus was it's the most romantic way to go.<BR><BR>You can make any trip as romantic as you want. So many beautiful beaches and to take a drive and explore is great.<BR><BR>Have a grea time and don't worry, you will not be disappointed you went.<BR><BR>Check out the villas while there because after going to St. John, you will want to return.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Murray

Romantic compared to what?<BR>Where have you been that you consider romantic (so we can have a frame of reference)?<BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 11:46 AM
romantic

I have been to many countires in Europe and as for islands. <BR><BR>Hawaii, Bermuda, Bahamas (outer islands) and St. John, USVI. <BR><BR>As far as islands go for romance. We loved St. John...not to say Bermuda wasn't gorgeous, it's up there too. Hawaii, beautiful. We went to the Big Island but too long a plane ride). Bahamas, we weren't crazy about it as far as picturesque goes. <BR><BR> <BR>As for Europe, a different kind of ambiance. Saltzburg, Austria, Italy, southern coast, Rome &amp; Venice, Portugal (the Algarve).<BR><BR>Does that help answer your questions as where we have been. ?????

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:18 PM
helper

Nate - a friend of mine honeymooned at the Westin in St. John in June. They had an amazing time and after seeing pictures the resort looks great. <BR><BR>You shouldn't be worried about the resort being romantic enough. It's your honeymoon, it will be all what you make it. Just remember that it is all about being with your new wife and it will be as romantic as you want it to be. Congrats and enjoy!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:45 PM
N

We were married on the beach in St. John and rented a villa for the honeymoon. Talk about romantic. It's truly a wonderful, picturesque island. If you go, wait till you see the gorgeous beaches. <BR><BR>It's up there with Bermuda. More to do in St. John.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:50 PM
weather

St John will be warm in June. You do get nice tradewinds. You will be exploring those gorgeous beaches that half the time you will be in the water.<BR><BR>Fabulous island. If you stay at the Westin, you will have a/c. Have you considered a villa. The prices go down on the villas after May 1. <BR><BR>It's an awesome experience especially for a honeymoon. Most have plunge pools all the amenities and a few people have had a chef come to cooks dinner. Check it out.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:37 PM
GM

St. John will be WONDERFUL to go to in June, and very romantic. The only thing is, I have to agree with the other posters who noted about staying in a villa vs. the Westin. The Westin is usually booked with kids/families; not very romantic for a honeymoon at all. The food is overpriced and not worth it.<BR><BR>The Westin's beach isn't that great (manmade), and for the price you could get a villa w/pool and possible maid AND cook around that time (since it's low season) with a short walk/ride to the other fabulous beaches around.<BR><BR>St. John is a paradise for such a small island...you won't be disappointed.<BR><BR>Congrats on your upcoming wedding, have a GREAT time...hope this helps.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 06:45 PM
sarah

As long as you're not looking for upscale accomodations or dining, and you don't mind a few bugs, then St. John should be a good fit.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 07:09 PM
fyi

curious here with a question to GM. Which villas on St. John come with staff especially a maid and cook? <BR>The Westin is a typical hotel on a wonderful island. You'll need to rent a jeep and drive to the beaches since the beach there is man made. <BR>www.travelhop will give you a tour of the rooms

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:56 AM
nate

Thank you , thank you , thank you....<BR><BR>everything was very helpfull, I guess I just want to make sure everything goes well

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 06:43 AM
St John

If you are going to St John for your honeymoon and considering a villa. I would suggest as I did last year when I was in your same position. I went on the USVI Online forum.<BR><BR>I got all the help from wonderful people on there. The villa was gorgeous, the chef we hired to cook one night was fantastic. <BR><BR>I highly recommend that site for all the info you need.<BR><BR>St John was fantastic, we cannot wait to get back there.<BR><BR>Congratulations!