Input on Pink Sands, please

Sep 16th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Kat

Input on Pink Sands, please

Considering Pink Sands for a 10-day trip in May or August. Would love to have the insights of folk who have stayed there.

How close are the cottages to the beach? How's the food, service, etc.

Sep 16th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Island Girl

Kat: First of all I think Pink Sands is great but 10 days would be too long. You would run out of things to do after 5 days. But having said that, let me answer your questions:

Cottages: Not on the beach, they are situated on the bluff overlooking the beach. It's about a 3 minute walk from the garden view cottages.
Food: Very good. The Meal Plan is mandatory (Breakfast and Dinner). HI has some good restaurants that you would want to try. The Beach Bar is open for lunch only. I thought that this was a bit strange, because it has a stunning view of the beach.
Service: Excellent, friendly, welcoming professional (but hopefully that's what your paying for).

Overall, it's a very quiet, private place, the cottages are spread out and a bit far from the main building (about a five minute walk)
I think Harbour Island is like a little paradise. Rent a golf cart and putt-putt around the island.

Sep 16th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Paul

Kat;

Island Girl is correct in that 10 days is to long for Harbor Isle. As wondeful as it is, you'll be ready to leave in 5-7 days. We stayed in the beachfront cottage called "Glass Windows" and it was simply wondeful. It's really less than 3 min and close enough so that you can hear the sea at night. Food is good, service too. I agree that the Beach bar should be open at night... the view is WONDERFUL!

Have fun however long you stay!

Sep 16th, 2002, 01:50 PM
kat

Thank you both. I note your caution regarding ten days is too long. But, heh, I have an infinite capacity for lounging ocean-side with a good book or twenty.

How is the swimming at the beach? I love bobbing around in the water.

Sep 16th, 2002, 08:44 PM
tweedy

Staying on Harbour Island for 10 days to me is just perfect. I always hate to leave the island it is wonderful, laid back, friendly people, good food, amazing stretch of beach and the water in August will be like bath water. August is usually when I am on island too, as there are fewer people.

Pink Sands is very nice, and probably one of the nicest resorts in the carribean now. I think you will enjoy the atmosphere, food and the proximity to the beach. We usually leave the windows open at night to hear the surf and feel the breezes.

The water there is very swimable and right off shore is a good size coral reef so you can go out, and it's only about 50 yards from shore, if that.

Valentine's and Ocean Fox are the two dive ops on island and you can schedule snorkle or dive trips and Valentine's even has a resort dive course.

Lots of interesting history to the island and some beautiful homes dating back to the late 1700's. Harbour Island was the capital of the Bahamas.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any other questions.

tweedy