Hyatt Regency Grande Cayman?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! Our family is considering going to the Cayman Islands and staying at the Hyatt Grande Cayman. Does anyone have any advice on if this is a nice resort? There are two adults in their 40s and two teenagers, 16 and 18. We love the beach, ocean, relaxing, good restaurants, shopping, water activities, a clean hotel and island. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

-Kerry
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 07:43 PM

At this point in time it is not open. Uncertain as to when it will - they keep moving the opening date back.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 08:41 PM

So very sorry - don't know what I was thinking of - the Hyatt IS open and has been for years. I was thinking of the Ritz Carlton. My apologies. Yes, it is a nice resort. Most of the rooms, condos and villas are across the road from the beach. The beach is small and chairs, in high season, are close together. It is within walking distance to restaurants and shopping.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 07:32 AM

We have stayed at the Hyatt twice and enjoyed it very much. There are some rooms right on the beach, but, obviously, they are more expensive. We did stay across the street and it did not bother us. I think it would be more difficult going back and forth if you had little children, but with teenagers it will be no problem. There is also a beautiful pool with a swim-up bar right near the rooms across the street from the beach.

Looking at your list of things you like to do, you will love Grand Cayman. If you do a search here, you will find many great restaurant recommendations.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your suggestions!!

-Kerry