House or condo on St John

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking into late August week and got great airfares from Phila..Considering Gallows Point for the 2 of us ..Has all the amenities and close to town...Was looking for a small house with A/C and maybe a pool that would be walking distance to a beach that would make sense..Most of what I am finding is on a hill or cliff with great views...and set up for large groups and therefore the rental even off season is high..i was looking to spend $900-$1200 for the week...any ideas???
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Check out Caribbeandays.com. They have a few condos in the 1 bedroom range which are close to town and have airconditioning. I don't know if you need to have a pool as these do not, but they are within walking distance to town or are in town and are very economical. Also, look at gardenbythesea.com which is an adorable bed & breakfast near town and is pretty much on the water. I think the prices off-season are within your range.
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 06:59 AM

We liked Gallows very much--have stayed there several times-- but just wanted to be sure you know it's not on a beach. Also, the pool isn't all that great. The unit was great, though, and the grounds are nice and it's nice to be so close to so many restaurants, and the snorkeling isn't bad (esp out in the channel)..there's a little ledge, where there are charis set up and plenty of shade and it's a nice, quiet place to read. and then one walks down rocky surface into the water. in other words, no beach. not a problem for us because we always split our time between a condo there and Caneel for the other half of the vacation. Have fun. (By the way, I would love to be able to find a villa/condo of the quality of Gallows on beaches that are as gorgeous and snorkel-rich as at Caneel.)
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 12:49 PM

Try out: villalamer.com
Villalarimar.com
Villacielomar.com

These are condos in a nice,private,gated area.Right up the street from Gallows.They all share a big lap pool.Very nice. You have to take a taxi to the beaches though....
Deb
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Are you talking about this August? If so, Gallows Point has a special for 15% off after August 15th. If you got a lower harbor view, it would be pretty close to your budget with the discount. We just booked for the end of November
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 04:53 PM

Remember that harbor view at Gallows is noisier-- boat traffic. Might not bother many folks at all; would have bothered us. "Cabs" are fairly inexpensive on St. John. They aren't really cabs; they're open-air jitney type vehicles. Have fun!
Old Aug 7th, 2005, 02:10 AM

Try www.villasoleil.com
Old Aug 7th, 2005, 02:13 AM

Try www.villasoleil.com
www.stjohnproperties.com/villa_larimar.
html
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 10:29 AM

Try Lavendar Hill -- Good value. Easy to get to beaches with the multitude of jittneys that abound. Can do many beaches in a day.