Honeymoon in Feb. 2006. Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for an "All Inclusive" resort in the caribbean?
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Ummm, you need to do two things. First, tell us more about yourself, your interests, your budget, the length of time you have in mind, and your point of departure. Second, do us the favor of doing at least a little research youself before hitting us with perhaps the vaguest query I've seen here in months. It's your honeymoon--it's important to you. And it's important to us that we have more info before giving you any kind of advice. Come back with more detail and chances are we'll give you more suggestions than you'll know what to do with.
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Your question is too vague as there are lots (100's) of AI's in the Caribbean. Do you have a specific island destination in mind? What is your budget? AI's come in many different price ranges. Would you consider a resort that just offers a meal plan as opposed to AI? If so that opens up even more possibilities. When are your dates of travel? Does your budget include airfare? We are not mind readers - try and give us a clue as to what type of experience you are seeking.

Old Aug 25th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, but I was so excited about finding this forum I failed to give you any information. We will be leaving from Chicago on Feb. 19 and return Feb. 25. We have a budget of approx. $3,ooo.oo including air fare. We would consider an AI or a resort that has a meal plan. We would obviously like to enjoy our "quiet time" but we also want to do short side trips to better enjoy the location. Have looked at USVI and DR. DR seems to be very resort orientated. USVI appears to offer more side trips. Hope this is more explicit. Thanks!
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 06:50 PM

The Wyndham in St. Thomas, I believe is the only AI in St. Thomas. St. John has no AI's,but St. Croix has a couple but is more remote from the other islands. Check out the Wyndham. I don't know the pricing in February, which is high season. One thing you might consider: if you don't want to be resort oriented, maybe you don't want an AI. There are other ways to save money and still have a romantic, fun and memorable honeymoon. Perhaps a cozy rental which allows you to do some of your own cooking/snacking. Just think of the drinks savings if you are your own bartender?
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 07:22 AM

I believe the explanation that you may be giving about the DR is that it is not particularly fitting to leave the resort due to safety concerns. Wyndham Sugar Bay on STT would give you both the beauty and romance you would be looking for in a honeymoon. From Chicago, you would have not quite a six hour flight. The local spirit is good and the island features picturesque beaches, good snorekling, unique attractions, historic monuments and much more.
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 05:31 PM

Try Sandals Resorts they are running great special now...We will be at one for 2 weeks in Feb.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Gin

I'm not an AI person so I can't help you there, but I believe your dates fall into the President's week school break. This means top dollar week, and air goes quickly. Just to add to your pressure, I'd make a decision ASAP.
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 07:55 AM

There is a great honeymoon resort on South Andros Island, Bahamas that makes you feel like you have an amazing island to yourself but also offers side trips for you. There is a local on the island who could work with you to plan this which makes it easier on everyone. He is very responsive and a dream come true to the average busy person. The resort site is www.tiamoresorts.com and the locals site for discounts and further planning is www.androsdiving.com