honeymoon help

Feb 6th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

honeymoon help

Hi would appreciate any assistance planning a 10 day honeymoon, budget is $4K, would like smaller on the beach, with good food (would prefer meal plan) Looked at Nisbet in Nevis but read their beach is too rocky for swimming. (Besides that that place seemed exactly what we want) Anyone have comments on Rendevous Bay Hotel and/or Frangiapanni?
Thanks!
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

I should add that that budget does not need to include airfare, we have miles for that!
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:40 AM

We visited Anguilla 4 years ago and fell in love with the island. We stayed at the Sonesta beach resort and paid $200 a night. The hotel is beautiful and the beach is magnificient. Anguilla in general has awesome beaches. There is not much night life on the island. We have visited other carribean islands (tortolla, virgin gorda, curacao, cancun). But nothing compares to the serenity of the island and its beautiful beaches. The resaurants are also first class (bit on the expensive side).
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Your budget is for what time of year?

Nisbet Plantation is a beautiful West Indian resort. I stayed at Four Seasons but went to lunch and beach at Nisbet. The beach is on the Atlantic side and has more of a surf/waves. Anguilla's beach far surpass any on Nevis.

Would pick Anguilla Great House over Rendevous Bay. And they offer a meal inclusive plan. Would not recommend because there are so many wonderful restaurants in Anguilla to try.

Both Nevis and Anguilla are islands to explore it's beaches and restaurants - would suggest to focus on the resort accomodations and service rather than the resorts specific location or beach.

Malliouhana is my favorite in Anguilla. The suites are much larger than Cap and has the best Anguillian staff.

Congratulations on your wedding and good luck planning your honeymoon.
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:31 AM

Have to disagree about Anguilla Great House. It is one of the lower scale resorts and not a place I'd pick for a special honeymoon. I would look further into Frangipani which I think would be perfect. It is small quiet and intimate. The Sun, Sea and Sand package is the best deal. 7 Nights in a full large condo suite with kitchen, a daily continental breakfast for $1585. With tax and service charge it is about $1900. Meads Bay is a great quiet beach. They have an on site restaurant, pool and tennis court. I wouldn't lock myself into a meal plan. Too many good restaurants in all price ranges on Anguilla. You will want a rental car to explore other beaches, go out to dinner etc. Carib Rent a Car is at Frangipani. A week rental is about $245 plus $20 for an Anguilla drivers license. If you are interested in a small Villa for two look at www.18degreesnorth.com. Very nice with infinity pool and great views. About a 10 min walk to Sandy Hill beach but again you will want a car. If you go late spring/summer you will want A/C. At Rendezvous Bay I would look at the Villas which are newer and have kitchens
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the information, just got it as I was busy all weekend! I appreciate your advice!!!
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:50 PM

I would try a few other options such as 5 * AI in Mexico and the DR.
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:38 AM

Overall, St. John is much more picturesque and the most beautiful beaches. Rent a villa, there are so many to choose from in all price ranges. Of all the Caribben Islands, St. John is the gorgeous and lots to do or not do.
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM

Young Island in St. Vincent. Check out www.youngisland.com- sounds like what you are looking for- but the airfare might take you out of your budget.

Search this Thread