Honeymoon Destination Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I need a little help.<BR>If you could choose 1 place in the caribbean for your honeymoon, where would you go?<BR><BR>I have been to Grand Cayman and loved it. <BR><BR>We love to snorkel, and swim,either pool or ocean. Not too crowded. A little night life but no need for all-night partying. Friendly people. Great Restaurants. and golf.<BR><BR>I know I described Cayman to a T, but I was hoping to investigate another location for Spring 2004.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:52 AM

I have seen all kinds of information on St. Lucia and it looks like a truly romantic place to go for a honeymoon - beaches, rain forests and volcanoes! Check out www.stlucia.org. Also take a look at the hotel at this address: www.ansechastanet.com. Even if you don't like the hotel, they have a great photo gallery to give you an idea of what the island is like.<BR><BR>I've not been here, but I want to go!
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 04:29 AM
hvt

St. Thomas!!! I stayed there for my honeymoon at the Renaissance Grand Beach resort (very safe) which was great (a private lovely beach and close to St. John!!) There's coki beach which has great snorkeling, Megan's Bay which is dreamy. Take trips to St. John and explore its many amazing beaches (Trunk Bay has an awesome underwater snorkeling trail). A trip to Virgin Gorda is a MUST. I have never seen anything as breathtaking &amp; surreal with beauty as the Baths.<BR><BR>For me St. Thomas had it all. Literally, I could sit at the Renaissnace's beach and kayak to see the sea turtles pop their heads up or sail for free if I'd like or take romantic evening strolls around their amazing grounds and beach. Take day excursions to beaches on St. Thomas. Take the ferry to St. John and explore (self guided beach tours or tour operators national park/snorkeling trips.) Go on catamaran trips to any of the BVI or St. Croix. So much beauty to see or do! Go into the bustling town - shop- nightlife.<BR><BR>Did I love St. Thomas? lol <BR><BR>Good luck!<BR>Heather
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 06:24 AM

I would probably pick St. John if we had it to do over again....<BR><BR>and definitely Caneel Bay. <BR><BR>happy honeymooning!<BR>
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 03:43 AM

well, i would chose anguilla. anguilla is quiet and luvly. a great place to honeymoon. 30 plus beaches to chose from. many romantic places to stay. too numerous to mention. islanders are a very friendly lot. i went (not as a honeymooner) but found there was something for everyone. the island is arid, fairly flat, views of st.maarten from nearly all of anguilla. if you want quiet with just the right amount of nite life, this is it!
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 11:17 AM

Hi there jkurtiak, We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon December of last year &amp; it was fun- very nice people and beautiful greenery, but I like you love to snorkel &amp; although it was much better than hawaii, I found it was'nt near as good as the USVI's or the BVI's. I am looking to plan a trip this year on one of the virgin islands. Will never forget those white beaches, clear water and colorful fish- true paradise! ( I myself can't decide which one to stay on.)
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 11:57 AM

To jkurtiak,<BR>I am also a Cayman lover, and if I had to choose another destination it would probably be Turks and Caicos or Anguilla. For a honeymoon you might want to check out Cap Juluca on Anguilla. <BR>Sandy<BR>
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Sandy<BR>Are you the same Sandy from Cayman, who goes there all the time? You had given me advice about it for my 1st trip.<BR>Great to hear from you again if this is you<BR>Juli
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:29 PM

Hi Juli,<BR>It's me, Cayman Sandy. We're leaving this Thursday morning for the island, yeahhh!!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! What exactly are you looking for, for your honeymoon?? Have you thought about returning to GC?? Any help I can pass your way, I'll be more than happy. Have you ever considered one of the smaller islands, Brac or Little Cayman. There's a condo called &quot;Breakers&quot; on one of them that is very inexpensive. I'll check this forum when we get back, but it won't be till May 5th. Nice to hear from you!! <BR>Sandy
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:46 AM

Juli,<BR>I found the web site for that condo on Cayman Brac, www.caymanbreakers.com The weekly rate for two people was $770 which is pretty good. Check it out!<BR>Sandy
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Great to hear from you again Sandy. I am so jealous. I havent been back since my trip 2 Aug. ago but as you can see its still on my heart. I think we may end up going there because i talk about going there all the time, my fiance is getting tired of not knowing how great it was. I was slightly swayed by St. Lucia, but I think maybe I should catch him up to the Cayman experience so we can start exploring other places on equal footing. <BR>Have a great time, I wish I could float in the ocean all afternoon.....instead of being at work today. I will stare at my piture on my desk with 7 mile beach behind me.....