Need some advice - going for our honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are going to St. Thomas for our honeymoon in November. I want to get a general idea of the island. Is there heavy partying there or nude places? The reason for asking is that my fiance and I are christians and are not into those type of things and want to stay away from stuff like that and be more into the good clean fun. Any suggestions on what to do?
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Nudity is against the law on St. Thomas so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for "heavy partying" - the island has a diverse population and a large influx of tourists so there are a few places that cater to the small minority who require a heavy party atmosphere but they are easily avoided by those with more sedate tastes. There are far more places where the you can enjoy an evening of good clean fun.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. That helps.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM

definately take a day trip to St.John- just watch the ferry schedules. you won't find much partying at all on st.john (if any) and the only beaches that have any nudity are definately "off the beaten path".
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM

I don't think you should have any problems. If you do take a ferry to St. John, take a taxi to Hawksnest Bay, which is picture-postcard beautiful with its blue water, white beaches, and nice coral reefs. If you kayak over there, you may want to stay around the Cruz Bay area and out of the Honeymoon Bay area as you may see some nudists there. Other than that, St. John is a lovely place to see as well!
If you feel ok about driving on St. Thomas, having your own vehicle will allow you to visit Coki Beach (nice snorkeling),Drake's Seat Mountaintop(fantastic view of St. John and the BVIs),and Magen's Bay.
We will probably go back someday.
Best wishes and have a great honeymoon!

Old Nov 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Honeymoon Beach is one of my favorite beaches on St. John and you can access it thru Caneel Bay. You can snorkle around to Salomon from there which is "home" to those who choose au natural sunbathing but the Nat'l Park was very busy making sure everyone stayed clothed so maybe it's not so nekkid anymore! Salomon and one small isolated beach on St. Thomas that you won't even find will be the only places that you might find nudity. Even topless is illegal but you might see an occasional tourist or probably NOT.
You will find lots of low key quiet places with no partying. You'll spend days on the beach, maybe go to St. John and check out the Nat'l Park beaches and the island, maybe take a day sail to the BVI, kyack the mangroves, maybe do a little sightseeing and shopping. Spend some time at Megan's Bay and a stop at Udder Delight for a milkshake, snorkeling at Sapphire and Secret Harbour. Be sure to take with you lots of bug spray. There are hungry little guys called no see 'em (like tiny moskitos) and they love to dine on most people usually early in the am and later afternoon into evening.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 05:46 AM

With your concerns about nudity, you should be aware that with the larger influx of European guests visiting the Caribbean, it's possible you will find more topless sunbathers. (Despite its being frowned upon by local sensibilities--it's a shame that travelers aren't more sensitive to that.)

I'm not saying that you'll be confronted by toplessness everywhere you look, but I do suggest being prepared for a bit of it. It should be easily avoidable by moving up or down the beach.