Honeymoon at St Thomas Island, US Virgin Islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honeymooning May 1,2006 in St Thomas Island and would like to stay on a beach but not spend alot of money and that has close by activities, do you have any suggestions?
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 06:27 PM

Saw your previous post regarding Bolongo Bay. Never heard anything bad about it. You might also look into Sapphire Beach Resort. I don't know whether Bolongo or Sapphire is all inclusive though. Both are on the beach. If you want an all-inclusive, look into Wyndham, but that is a bit pricier.
Old Dec 16th, 2005, 05:56 AM
KVR

We stayed at the Wyndham this past May on their AI plan. I wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon though. However, we saw several honeymooners. We didn't care for the layout of the hotel. Very spread out with lots of walking to the lobby and resturants. The 99 steps to the pool/beach/resturant/bar was a pain especially since it rained for the most part of our trip. The beach was small and rather rocky, but had really good snorkeling. We did like the AI food/drinks.

We looked into the Bolonga Bay, but the Wyndham came in a little cheaper. We also liked the location of the Wyndahm better since it was close to Red Hook and Coki Beach.

Most people will recommend Sapphire Beach Hotel and Morning Star, but we wanted AI and those hotels didn't offer it.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 10:01 AM

Bolongo is on a nice beach, which is bigger than Wyndham's. You can get all-inclusive there & I've heard the food is quite good. I keep meaning to go there since it's near me on the south side. It's closer to town & shopping as well as Havensight where there's also shopping & the cruise ship docks.
Bolongo isn't fancy but it's more than adequate & if you're more of a beach person I'd recommend it. Family owned & operated by the Doumeng family (nice people.)
Wyndham is more resort-y which is fine but you won't be walking out your door to the beach.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 10:02 AM

Oh, and I don't get paid any commissions for any place I recommend.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 10:39 AM

you might like www.secretharbourvi.com
approx 5 min drive to red hook. 10 to the big grocery. about 15 into coki world/beach. 20 mins from charlotte unless its ship em or debarking. beautiful, large condo units. directly on beach. pool. restaurant w/3 meals offered daily and fun beach bar. dive shop, small gym. outstanding snorkeling. pleasant staff. very well maintained.
congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 02:22 PM

I would recommend Saphire also. Spent last Wed. there at the beach - nice beach, good restaurant (Roberts) and convenient enough taxi ride to the St. John Ferry from Red Hook. Nice pool too.