Yet another request for Resort Suggestions

Nov 12th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Yet another request for Resort Suggestions

I have seen lots of requests on this board requesting resort recommendations, but since everyone is looking for different things, I think the suggestions are pretty different for everybody. Me and my fiance are going on our honeymoon in May 2004 and I am not sure where to stay. Below are the things we are looking for. Any suggestions you guys make is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Nice Beach - not too many other people on it and relatively calm waters.
2. Great food.
3. Seclusion. - I would rather peace and tranquility than a lot of activities.
4. Nice bures right on the water.
5. We are willing to pay up to $1000 per night (we have to try living like the Rockefellers once.)

Thanks again for the help.
Nov 12th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Janese

What part of the world were you thinking of?

Nov 13th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about that. I am planning on going to Fiji.
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:47 AM

No surprise here, that I would recommend Vatulele. It has everything you mentioned. I would say after staying at Turtle Island & Namale also that Vatulele had the best beach and food and service. I know Turtle has upgraded their bures so they may be more private now than they were. Vatulele's bures are each on an acre of land with your own path to the beach, just 20 feet away & your own loungers & palapa on the totally uncrowded beach. We swam & snorkeled from shore. Namale's honeymoon bure is killer but the beach is not great. I also heard good things about Yasawa Resort. Good luck!
Nov 13th, 2003, 05:12 PM

Hello, we where in Fiji about 2 months ago on the island of Taveuni and it was amazing. You may have seen my recommendation on another question, but if not I thought I would tell you about our experience. We decided on Taveuni Palms for our romantic vacation and it was perfect. We had the entire property to ourselves with our own private pool right on the beach. We had the beach to ourselves as well and the water is calm as it is protected by a reef just off the beach, so we snorkeled everyday. The food was fantastic, it is all included and we had dinner on the beach several nights at sunset.....so amazing! They catered to whatever we needed or wanted and made it so special for us. I really could go on for ages about how great it was, but I will spare you. However, it sounds like this place would be perfect for you and it has all the items you mentioned are important. We have made plans to return next year and can't wait. You can take a look at their site if you want, it is www.taveunipalms.com Good luck with your wedding and honeymoon!!