Search

sapphire beach resort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sapphire beach resort

Hi all....I'm considering renting a condo, one bed, ground floor, on the beach at Sapphire Beach...can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this part of St. Thomas and anything you might now about this resort...I would consider another island but don't think I'll find a three week accommodation for this price ($4000+-),,if you recommend any other island I'll check into it..thanks Maggie
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Sapphire has had a lot of problems over the past few years, but it is finally getting its act together. I think you'd benefit from hearing from someone who's stayed there recently. There are people on this board who have.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM

We just go back from STT. I will not return to Sapphire Beach Resort again. There condos are intested with CockRoaches. If you don't want these as your guest, than find a different place to stay. If you need more info let me know. We were there the end of June 2007. VERY BAD. The owner is NOT refunding us money because he says there's only one or two bugs & wanted to see a recording of 100s of bugs. WHAT????? Even one or two is enough for anyone to pick up their bags and leave.

Stay away from Sapphire Beach Resort. They have COCKROACHES & the owner is very difficult to deal with.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 04:15 PM

One or two? I think seeing the odd insect comes part and parcel with staying in the Caribbean- doesn't it?

I saw one cockroach at a lovely resort we stayed in in Cuba. It was icky to see, but it didn't make me wanna pack my bags and ask for a refund.

Dunno- I just *expect* that you're going to see an insect or two when vacationing in warm climate. How many were there exactly?

Bloom
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 03:18 AM

It depends on the owner of the particular unit you're renting from, magstress. Some units are very nice & well-kept. Others may not be.

There's one restaurant open up on the hill near the entrance & I "think" there may be some sort of daytime sandwich type operation in the beach area. However, you're close to several good restaurants in the Red Hook area.

It's a great beach with a gorgeous view. My very favorite beach on STT.
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 03:56 AM

Oopsy- my reply was intended for the Sapphire Beach Resort "cockroaches" post.
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 06:57 AM

Bloom,

I can totally understand one or two cockroaches as I have lived on other islands before. This is just not one ore two. They came out all night long. We killed as many as we could & saw. They still kept coming out throughout the night.

Do you think you'll have a good night's sleep knowing that cockroaches are crawling around? We found them near our beds as well. We "tried to pull the bed away from the droor/wall fixture, but I'm sure they can ALSO crawl up the bed legs. Can you really sleep knowing that they could be crawling on the bed you're sleeping on? They were crawling all over the couch. We were sitting on it watching TV & they still came out, after we "thought we killed one or two", & after that, we just sat on chairs.

Really, I would be the last person to be afraid of one or two cockroaches. I've seen many cockroaches in my life. Working in the food industry, I've seen my share of cockroaches as well. You'll find plenty of them in many NYC restaurants. Trust me when I say I saw many cockroaches, believe me cause I've seen all kinds of pests.
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM

I just posted a response on the original Cockroaches thread, before seeing your explanation.

I see now that you're saying there were more than just a few, and that "they came out all night long". That would be horrible- I wouldn't have been able to sleep either.

Again, sorry you had a bad vacation.

Bloom