bophut v cheong mon

Jul 10th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

bophut v cheong mon

Been looking at Baan Bophut - it looks lovely but is the beach as nice as Cheong mon with all the little beach bars etc.Were looking to stay at Boat House but it will be a tough choice. We are in our late 50's, if that helps. Thanks
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:01 PM

ttt

Just pushing this one up for Mary as I know those who know more about location will add their views

Mary, Baan Bophut is small boutique style, perhaps if you are wanting more restaurants, some evening shopping etc it might be a little too quite, perhaps a larger resort might be more 'active' wise.
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:09 PM

maryport-Cheong Mon beach is absolutely glorious and if the beach is really a major issue for you, then I'd choose Cheong Mon over Bophut. Sala have a new resort and most of the reviews on www.sawadee.com are good. Why not split your time between the two places?
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

thanks James and Lyndie. Will probably stay in Boat house as we like plenty of restaurants etc . Have also looked at Tradewinds cottages in Chaweng but think Chaweng will be a bit too much in your face if you know what I mean. Looked at Sala Lyndie but a bit over our budget[worse luck]
Jul 11th, 2005, 08:47 PM

There are some really cheap, clean & comfy bungalows on the beach at Choeng Mon. I'm not sure if they'd suit you but the location is A1. Check out www.choengmon.com-they have a bar & restaurant and the place is great value. We inspected 3-the best ones were right on the beach and around 1200 baht a night! We'd already booked & paid for 6 nights at Coco Palms or we'd have been there like a rocket! Have a great trip!
Jul 12th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Lyndie - just had a look at the web site and they look really nice, I've also looked at Samui Honey Cottages on same beach and they look nice too - did you see them?
Jul 13th, 2005, 10:46 PM

Hi maryport-No we did not see Samui Honey Cottages. Choeng Mon Bungalows are actually down a little lane off the main road so we drove down & inspected just them on a friend's recommendation. They are budget accom, nothing fancy, but clean & comfy. The beach is so glorious if you just want a place to sleep and are out and about during the day. Not luxurious at all but great value. Hope you find what you want! All the best.