Search

Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon

Trying to plan a Honeymoon for late sept-oct, Looking at Aruba(occidental and riu) but reveiws are all over the place. Also thinking of Bahamas, and Mexican Riveria. I have been to Bahamas and Cozumel, so I know what locals are like. Just want a place that has other activities at night other than on the resort, so I'm not sure about Mexican Riveria. Any ideas or suggestions
M
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Why not try Playa Del Carmen on the Maya Riveria? You've got all sorts of fun on 5th street in the evening, and it's easy walking distance from many of the resorts.
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Anquillagirl,
Any particular resort in Playa Del Carmen, that you would recommend, they all seem to be about the same
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
KVR

Aruba would be great since Sept - Oct is prime hurricane months for the rest of the Carribean/Mexico.

Does the hotel have to be an AI like the RIU or Occidental? If not, look at the Raddison, Marriott or Hyatt. If so, look at the Tam or Divi.

Aruba has many great restaurants in all price ranges and are easy to get to, so going AI there really isn't necessary unless it's a personal preference.

As much as I love Mexico; Cancun, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. We've been 3 times in August/Sept and fretted over hurricanes. We lucked out each time, but we are not planning anymore trips during those months to that area.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks,
That was my only concern about Mexico. I've been told by a travel agent friend that Aruba was out of the "hurricane zone" and that would be best.
mike
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
KVR

We went to Aruba in Sept. '06 and the weather was perfect. We went to Playa del Carmen in Sept '07, two weeks after Hurricane Dean. When we arrived we could still see the negative effects of the storm. We're going back to Aruba this Sept. We've been to Playa del Carmen twice and I actually prefer Aruba over Playa. We still love Cozumel though. It has the better snorekling, but we're headed back to Cancun in April. You'll find the least expensive package deals on an AI in Mexico, which is the main reason why we keep going back.