Search

Hilton Jalousie

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilton Jalousie

Wondering if this is a perfect honeymoon destination. Also, are the beaches beautiful? What about the color of the water (we are looking for crystal blue/green water)? Do the rooms have soaking tubs?

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:58 AM

If you are looking for crystal clear water, St. Lucia may not be the location for you. St. Lucia is my personal favorite, but the water is not what you might expect. It is a volcanic island, making the sand a darker color, which affects the color of the water. It's a wonderful island, but you may be disappointed. If you are looking for fabulous water, you might want to look at Turks and Caicos. The bluest, clearest water I have ever seen in the Caribbean.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

THanks for your input -- what about Anguilla? We looked at Turks & Caicos and was unable to find something we really liked.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:55 AM

Anguilla is fabulous and would be perfect for a honeymoon as long as you are not looking for tons of activities. My favorite island, incredible beaches and snorkeling, tremendous food. The people are extremely friendly and the island is very safe. Other than the beaches, the island is not tropical or picturesque. We stayed at the Sonesta which has since closed; pick a couple hotels within your budget, and then ask here for recommendations. You can also save a little sometimes by flying to St. Martins and taking the ferry over to Anguilla.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

bmarz -
How easy is it to do the ferry from St. Maartin's airport to Anguilla? Also, do you know how much is costs?
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 05:34 PM

The rooms are actually 2 unit bungalows with a plunge pool. We were there in June and the water in the pool was cold! The tubs in the room are standard tub/shower combination, however the rooms are superb. We dove the pitons and the visibility was about 70 ft. The beach was small. All in all in is a great place to stay.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 09:42 AM

Kainum-

Jalousie is perfect. Just returned from a 7 day stay. The setting is perfect. The beach is situated between the two pitons. We took a water taxi to Anse Chastnet and Jalousie put it to shame. We did not like Chastnet. Tons and tons of scuba divers & tour boats, constant hammering b/c the resort is under construction, and the presence of cruise ship passengers. Yes, I am a YUPPY snob and I prefer my beachs free of construction and buffet fed Americans. If you want the perfect honeymoon than go to Jalousie. It has everything you need and want plus the perfect setting. We paid $190 per night, for a ocean view villa. Soaking tubs? Get naked and jump in the plunge pool.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 09:53 AM
caribtraveler

Hi Kainum,
St. Lucia is beautiful (we loved it) but I agree with "thetropicaltravelers" poster regarding the water. If you're looking for that crystal clear blue water you see on magazine covers, you won't find it there. Wouldn't want you to be disappointed if the water clarity is very important to you.
Good luck.