Honeymoon Help

Dec 8th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Honeymoon Help

We are planning our honeymoon for Oct or Novemeber of 2006. Right now we are looking at Peter Island, St. John, Anguilla or Turks & Caicos. We have been to Antigua and thought the crystal clear blue water was spectacular. We are also planning on going for 10 days and would love great food especially great lobster. We are looking for luxury and a great fitness facility. We are open to island hopping or day trips. If anyone has some suggestions that would help point us in a good direction we would appreciate it.
Dec 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I'll be the first to suggest the premier luxury resort on Anguilla, Cap Juluca (http://www.capjuluca.com/). An absolutely stunning beach with as crystal clear water as you'll ever see, sports facilities, and excellent restaurants (Anguilla has numerous outstanding restaurants and beaches to visit). As far as luxury is concerned, let's just say that CJ has been the vacation destination of choice for Liam Neeson, Kevin Bacon, Howard Stern, and Janet Jackson. Enough said.
Dec 8th, 2005, 02:43 PM

I second Anguilla... and Cap Juluca. Spectacular place... gorgeous beach... and excellent restaurants all over the island. You could island hop to St. Barts and St. Maarten.
Dec 8th, 2005, 06:58 PM

We went to St. John and Peter Island for our honeymoon. You could always split your stay between St. John and Peter Island. We did one night on St. Thomas, 5 on Peter Island, and 6 on St John. We thought that time allotment was perfect, except I wish we could have stayed another week! I have a review of our honeymoon that I posted here in November. We absolutely loved the Virgin Islands and are trying to figure out a way to get back to St. John next year. I do have one warning--the weather can be unpredictable at this time. For the most part we had great weather and when it did rain, it was only for very short spurts. We just had one bad day of lots of rain and wind from a nearby tropical storm. It's still hurricane season in Oct/Nov, but it's the tail end. The only way we were really affected besides the one bad day (but I was in the spa on Peter Island that afternoon anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me!), was there were 2 days when we were on PI that the water wasn't very clear because of wind and rain from the previous days and we couldn't see much of anything snorkeling. If you go to Peter Island, make sure to get a beach suite. It was wonderful! If you go to Anguilla or Turks, I will be looking for your review because I'm dying to go to both of those places! Let me know if you have any questions about the Virgin Islands.
Dec 9th, 2005, 03:05 AM

I've been to all 3 numerous times, and love all 3 for different reasons.

Peter Island: you can island hop to Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and St. John, all spectacular. VI's are hilly, good for hiking, good for island hoping, spectacular scenary. The resort is the island, so you have only the resort for choices of food. Decent snorkeling, although better on St. John. VI's have a great Caribbean vibe, and the water is prettier than Antigua, and overall more upscale than Antigua.

T&C and Anguilla are similar in description, but I will give you my differences. Both are flat scrubby dry islands. The islands themselves are not overly attractive, but the beaches are some of the best in the world. Both destinations are quiet and good for de-stressing. Both have some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean, although Anguilla's are a little bit better. Both are upscale expensive destinations, although Anguilla is a little more expensive. I think Anguilla has better lobster, especially at Gorgeous Scilly Cay. Both have super spectacular resorts and restaurants, so you have more choices than Peter Island. Anguilla is more couples, I think T&C is a little more family oriented. (Although there are some quiet no kids resorts in T&C) Anguilla doesn't have great snorkeling, T&C's water is unbeleivably spectacular. Both have blinding white snads, with gorgeous crystal cleat turquiose waters, but T&C's beaches are a little bit better. There is a lot of construction on T&C, but it is not nocitable on the beach. Anguilla is starting to have a construction boom too, but there is more in T&C. Anguilla has a more Caribbean vibe than T&C. Anguilla has great island hopping, to St. Martin and St. Bart's, for completely different feels to it. Great shopping on St. Martin. NO shopping on Anguilla. Fun Cays hopping in T&C, where you can be dropped off on your on cay all day and have gorgeous beaches all to yourself. Just a little shopping in T&C, but more than Anguilla.

For a honeymoon, I would pick Cap Jaluca in Anguilla, but don't miss T&C as your next trip, SPECTACULAR!

Of course, strickly my opinions.
Dec 9th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for all of your advice and opinions. Lauren, your honeymoon picutures were great, thanks for sharing them. I think we have narrowed our search down to Anguilla. I like the idea of having the option to island hop to St. Bart's and/or St. Martin. Can you also hop over to St. John????? My last question is are there any other resorts on Anguilla that you would recommend as another consideration to Cap Juluca. Perhaps the Malliouhana or Cusinart? I think we are going to shoot for December or January for the honeymoon and may only go for 1 week. ( that way we can go away to the BVI's or T&C another time) Thanks again and I look forward to your responses.
Dec 9th, 2005, 07:06 AM

Malliouhana rivals Cap Juluca for excellent service & beauty but has the better spa facilities. It's a hike down some steps to the beach but the resort itself is the epitome of "old money" luxury.
Dec 9th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

One more question.....A travel agent just suggested Ku also owned by CJ as it is a bit less expensive than CJ. Any thoughts?