Reload this Page >

HELP...need a good-value vacations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Mariarosa

Hi! Looking for a good-value vacation that won't break the bank for late October. Have stayed at some nice places in the last three years (like the Royal Hideaway and the Westin Rio Mar), but need a cheap getaway this time. <BR><BR>Thinking about Punta Cana or Roatan in Honduras, but there's so many options that I'm getting dizzy. Beach that is calm enough to swim and catamaran is important. Snorkel is one of our favorite activities. Having an after-dinner drink (or two) while listening to music is also important. HELP

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Diane

If you want to check out resort reviews in Punta Cana, go to: www.debbiesdominicantravel.com<BR>You'll find loads of reviews.<BR>I personally think Punta Cana is one of the best value vacations around. It's astonishingly beautiful! Another "cheap" vacation is Cuba (if you're not American, that is). Other areas of the Dominican Republic may also suit your needs.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 03:57 PM
wendy

You might want to look into Puerto Vallarta. When I went there it was very inexpensive. I stayed at a small hotel on the beach in the town area. It was small but clean and had a pool, beach, and small restaurant/bar. It was farther from the hotel zone action but the bus was cheap and readily available. I can't remember the name of the hotel. Have fun!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:00 PM
wendy

I just remembered the name of the hotel mentioned in my above post. It is Playa de los Arcos.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 09:11 PM
anon

There are some inexpensive and reasonable places in Negril run by locals. Try posting this request on the Negril message board at theone.negril.com/cgi-bin/config.pl.<BR>

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Mariarosa

Thanks! I will research these options!<BR><BR>Anyone else has any other ideas?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 05:03 PM
d motl

Visit isla-mujeres.net<BR>It is a small island 10 miles north of cancun. In october you can get a nice room with A/C and refridge for $35-60<BR>JUst click on places to stay on the sight. If it looks interesting than e-mail us back and we will e-mail you our 26 pages first timers brouchure for<BR> the island

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:40 AM
Al Night

Depends on where you are flying out of but from the Northeast Apple has some amazing deals to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. All inclusive with air for about $700.00 each for 7 nights at decent 4 and 5 star resorts. Pretty good snorkeling there, most of the resorts have hobies. "Debbiesdominicantravel.com" is the place to search and get a ton of reviews. Good luck!