Reload this Page >

Help in final condo decison on 7MB

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:58 AM
Momof2

Thanks to great information here and help from caymanvacations.com I have decided to condo instead of hotel for our trip in Fedbruary.<BR><BR>I have narrowed my choices down to 3 and I need some input from those who know please.<BR><BR>We want tennis courts and screened in porches as well as a nice beach. <BR><BR>We are torn between Aqua Bay Club, Discovery Point Club and Lacovia. <BR><BR>My only hesitations are:<BR>ABC and DPC - are they too far north on 7MB and away from eveything so that we will need a car to get everywhere? Is there enougharound that area to keep 2 kids (10 & 14) happy?<BR><BR>Lacovia - from what Ian at Cayman Vacations said it has a lot to offer but it and the beach can get very crowded, not as quiet as the other two. It is also about $ 100 more per night.<BR><BR>I would love input as soon as possible as I want to reserve in the next day or 2 as availability is limited.<BR><BR>Thanks so much.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:28 AM
skibum

I stay at Lacovia. The beach has never been "crowded". The Cayman Club next door (north side) does get the cruise ship people, but they come and go. There are no screens on the balconies at Lacovia. You will still need a car for at least a couple of days. It's a bit of a walk to get to the grocery store. Lacovia does have a tennis court. The Hyatt is next to the Cayman Club, and for kids it would be good because the rental toys are all there.<BR><BR>You can walk to the Lone Star, Ragazzi's, Chicken Chicken, and several other restaurants including the Hyatt.<BR><BR>We take our teenage daughter and she doesn't complain, but I think she likes watching the boys walk by!<BR><BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 01:15 PM
Sipry

We stayed at Discovery Point last year. Since we were only staying there 3 days and then moving to our original choice, we opted for a less expensive "studio". It was a really horrible room - the smell from mold was awful. The window covering was so thin that you could see right into our room when the lights were on at night. The housekeeping was "hit and miss". I do think, however, that the larger units were probably very different - from they way they looked and from reading other reviews. The larger units have beautiful screened porches. The beach is really very nice and the pool and spa were equally great - very pretty. That part of 7MB is really very nice (we have been going to GC since 1993)- As far as crowds on the beach, I've never seen it that way. You will need a car to get around though. You wouldn't be far from alot of restaurants, etc. but I wouldn't want to have to walk. There is plenty to do on that part of the island. Good luck and have fun!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:24 PM
Denise

Momof2,<BR> Just returned today after 10 days at DPC. It was fabulous! Just ask for a newly renovated unit and make sure the kids have pool shoes since the beaches have more rocks than we were used too. Could go on and on. Ian was very helpful to us. The grounds were immaculate and staff outstanding.Yes, you do need a car,but there are great deals to be had in that area also. Enjoy

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Zoe

Please read my other post on DPC... Having a car if you stay on Northern end is highly advised. Easy to get around. DPC was great for us...again we emphasized we wanted something nice....got a newly renovated 2bdrm,2bath condo. It was REALLY nice.Ian was super. Be specific about what is important to you. We have 15 yr. old daughter and 18 yr old son. They were very happy. Forget tennis tho...too hot for us...(and we went beginning of June!)tho courts looked great. Bring books and games to take breaks from sun. DPC has very good shade tho; palupa huts quite nice...lots of palm trees- one of nicest landscaping on seven mile Northern end. London House looked awesome too....even more shade available IF you want it...tons of big beautiful pines and loads of hammoks but NO pool. Our family really enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi each nite. Have to use Bug spray tho...