Search

cayman condo questions

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cayman condo questions

we will bw going to the caymans this summer with kids (ages 21, 15, 10 ). we want to stay in a condo. I have narrowed it down to either the villas of the galleon or casa caribe. Can anyone give me any info about either one ( is one a lot nicer than the other? how is the beach in front of either one? how is the snorkling in front of them? can people use the westin's facilities from either one? if you stay at the villas of the galleon can we use the pool at the westin?)Also what is one of the best dive operators around there and what is a good tour operator to go to stingray city? I know I asked alot of questions and thanks for any info you travelers out there can give me!
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:59 AM

We stayed at VOG and loved it. Great location, spacious, clean and well decorated condos with great views, very pretty grounds and a great beach with a tree swing. They also have grills youy can keep on your patio for cooking out. You will never miss a pool with that beautiful water. But some people we met who were staying there did use the Westin's pool ocassionally.

Can't comment on Casa Caribe but you can't go wrong with VOG. It was the perfect spot.
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:05 AM

People that stay at the VOG do use the facilities at the Westin. Have witnessed it many times. Stayed at the VOG in 02. Now we always stay at the Sunshine across from the VOG. Twice last AuG and coming up in July. They always give me a good deal. For the money u can save the 2 min walk is worth it. Seen Casa many times VoG area better beach. Go 2 Stingray on a Sunday morning. Never crowded.
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:11 AM

try to plan Stingray City for a day with 2 or less cruise ships in port if possible.

We went with Capt. Marvin...office is right across from VOG
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Filter14

Hi. I didn't stay at either but did stay at the Westin and Coralstone Club.

I can say from personal experience that VOG guests aren't always received warmly at the Westin's pool. I'm not going to debate whether it's right or wrong, just wanted you to be forwarned. The usual giveaway is the lack of the Westin towel I've witnessed people being asked to move off of the beach area(again don't want to dispute who owns the beach). I would think it depends on how busy the hotel is at the time of your trip. Of course they'd welcome you to use the restaurants and Red Sail Sports(unless they are extremely busy at which time hotel guests get to sign up first).

With Casa Caribe you'd have definate use of their own pool. It's closer to the Hyatt which also has a Red Sails Sports as part of their establishment. Both stretches of beach are wonderful. I noticed that Casa Caribe is laid out differently so that may interest you. Most have screened in porches that directly face the ocean.

Enjoy your trip whichever one you choose!

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 09:19 PM

I have stayed at both. Casa Caribe is much nicer in my opinion. It is smaller and the units are more spacious and much better maintained. Also, there is a pool at Casa Caribe and not at VOG. Casa Caribe manager Ernie Williams is the NICEST man and really goes out of his way to make your stay very nice. My daughter left a necklace in the apartment and he FedExed it back to me and refused to let me pay for it. Also, it is right across the street from grocery and restaurants.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 12:04 PM

I would recommend Capt. Dexter with Fantasea Tours. His catamaran only fit about 8 to 10 people so we felt like we received more personal service from him. He even got in the water with us and held a stingray for my son to pet and feed. I think we paid about 25 US dollars per person.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:25 PM

Suzanne........we stayed at the Villas of the Galleon and we just loved it! E-mail me or go to my trip report webpage....I have a LOT of pictures of the Villas of The Galleon and the beach in front of it. Captain Marvin's was GREAT for the trip to the sandbar, coral gardens and the barrier reef.You'll never miss a pool at the VOG.......the ocean is just like a pool in front of the VOG! Here is the url to my trip report page:

http://stevesplace.50megs.com/GCMV.htm