Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in St. Martin; travelling with children 2 and 10 yrs old

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Monique

HELP!! Have decided to spend 4 or 5 nights in St. Martin and need to decide which hotel would be best suited for young children, ages 2 and 10. Been looking at Maho Beach Resort and Grand Case Beach Club. Both appear nice on the web, but what hotel doesn't?! Looking to you Fodor travelites to please give me some advice on great accomodations, preferably on the beach, where my children and I would absolutely love.

Thanks for any insight you could provide.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:04 PM
kim

Okay, I can answer this, I own at the Towers at Mullet Bay, I don't want to sound like I'm pushing the timeshare, but we just got back with our 10 and 2 year old, 10 year old daughter and 2 year old son, they love the place, its quiet, not a lot of activity, but a great pool with stairs for the little one to play on. It is overlooking the lagoon. It is not right on the beach, its a short and easy 5 minute walk through the golf course or drive, with the little one, drive (between sand toys, umbrellas, etc.) You can get your chairs for free there as a Towers owner. If you have any question feel free to contact me. We have been going since 1983 and the kids have been going since they were basically born!!! You can get a 1 or 2 bedroom condo and with the kitchen its great, also very clean and no problems with bugs in the rooms.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Statia

If it were me.....

Out of the two choices you listed (Maho and Grand Case), I would say that Grand Case Beach Club would be better because the ocean is very calm in that area. This would be a plus with young children.

Both hotels are nice facilities, but I personally prefer the French side over the Dutch. You would also have all the fabulous Grand Case restaurants at your disposal.

As I said, though, this is only my opinion.

Have fun and be sure to report back with what you decide, as well as how it goes.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Steph

Maho Beach Hotel has a HUGE swimming pool the kids might enjoy with a swim up bar for you! The ocean was very rough at the beach there though when we visited one year in December if that's important to you. It's also a bit of a hike to the beach from the pool area, not a problem under most circumstances but maybe with a 2 yr. old - you'll end up carrying most of the way. Can't comment on Grand Case, but the calmer seas over there might be big plus.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Cheryl

I highly recommend Grand Case Beach Club and speak from experience.

I've been there 4 times...(to the island 8 times)...and Grand Case BC is nice, quiet, with a wonderful little cove that the kids would love.

You would need a car to get around the island, but continential breakfast is included, AND they also have kitchenette's in the room's so you can have your own food.

Check out their website...www.gcbc.com

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:19 AM
patty

Another vote for Grand Case Beach Club. Just returned from a weeklong vacation with kids aged 8 and 12. We all had a blast! This was our 2nd time in 2 years.
Patty