Reload this Page >

Having an Anxiety Attack - Please Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Rudy

We were waiting for our vacation vouchers for Cap (airline tickets american and hotel voucher) to arrive in the mail. I called my TA and she said they were mailed 5 days ago (from 2 towns away) We still have not received them as of Sat mail. I think someone else got them by mistake. My question is can the person that received our paid in full tickets for air/hotel use them? I know that you have to show a picture ID at airport to get tickets but was wondering if they could call airline and hotel and change the name on the reservations. I'm kind of nervous and TA is closed today!! Please help!!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Leslie

No, someone else cannot call the airline and change the names on the tickets. Go to your TA's office on Monday morning, and have her reissue the tickets and hotel vouchers.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 07:14 AM
BEcalm

Remember people as a rule who say they mailed something 5 days ago for example really mean it was mailed probably 2 or 3 days ago, plus this being Sat. morn todays mail hasn't arrived yet?

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Rudy

Yes, we get early delivery - Saturday's mail has already been delivered, That's why I'm getting nervous about it. I already got my Amazon delivery that I placed 2 days ago. That's why I think someone else has it. Thanks for the reassurance though, just don't want all the hassle and I just want to make sure nobody else can use those vouchers.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Rudy

No Its been longer than that (more like 5 days), who knows what someone can do,I don't that's why I'm asking. I'm sorry but just paid $7000.00 for a vacation and I think someone has the entire vacation package that's paid in full in their hands. You would not be a little upset?<BR>lll:<BR>If you don't have an answer why would you have to be so nasty? I have a real question, I think you are the troll looking to start a whole negative name calling thread. I just wanted an answer from someone that knows, not you

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Anon

Dear Rudy - Please just ignore the previous post! There are simply a few very, very nasty people on this board. Fortunately you always get some serious, useful replies as well. But Fodor's seems unable to weed out the nasties! As for me, I can quite understand your concerns, in your place I'd be worried as well. I think the advice to contact your TA as soon as possible and have her reissue the tickets is sound.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Rudy

Thank you I appreciate it. I am not as worried about the airline tickets, its the hotel accommodations. But that is what Travel Agents are for right?

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Free advice

Rudy, when are you leaving? If you're not leaving for a couple of weeks, just chill. If you're leavng soon, then you are justified to be freaking out.<BR><BR>If she mailed the USPS be prepard to wait...I mailed a package to my mom Priority Mail (which is supposed to take 2-3 days) from one major metro area to another major metro area and it took 10 days to get to her.