Grand Lido Negril

Jun 1st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Grand Lido Negril

I would love some room info. Any recommendations on room location? There is supposedly a newer building, but not sure which ones which. Also, if in a beachfront room, would u recommend the main floor if u want to just walk right out to the beach? Last question - are there minibars in all the rooms?

Thank u very much!!!
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Hasn't anyone stayed here recently?

Thanks.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:57 AM

I stayed here in February and had a great time. I hadn't heard anything about any of the buildings being newer, but 90% of them have been recently renovated, so make sure you ask for one that has been renovated. A lot of people do like having a ground floor room, but I think the second floor is quieter and more private. You don't hear the people tromping around above you and people aren't constantly walking outside your door. We had a mini bar in our room, but I'm not sure if every room has a mini bar.
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:14 AM

We have booked this resort in Feb 2005.After seeing a few neg reviews I'm wondering if we did the right thing.We booked a beachfront room on the prude side, through aircanada vacations.This trip is double what we normally pay, and are hoping we are getting what we paid for. Any info on this resort to ease my mind would be appreciated.
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Jed

Besides minibars, what mostly interests you? What are you hoping to get for what you are paying?

We had a ground floor on the nude side, and it was fine. The prude side was near the road and you could hear noise from that.

FYI - lots of info is on this thread with a search.
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM

When I used the virtual tours of the rooms I didn't see any minibars, however they are suppose to have them.Is there not much of a beach on the prude side?We are suppose to be beachfront.We stayed at the Paradisus in Costa Rica and unfortunately we are comparing everything to that.Excellent food, service, pool was absolutely amazing, room was jr. suite,living area,kingsize bed, and kit table bar with sink etc.Hot, hot weather.we paid 6600 can for two adults two weeks. We are paying 10,000 can for two adults two weeks, oh, and both included golf.
I guess, we just haven't been to Jamaica and are curious.
Brenda
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM

Try checking at www.tropictravelonline.com. They have had some postings about the resort. We got a brochure from there & it looked & sounded good.
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:16 PM

We had a ground floor room on the prude side and loved it. It was very spacious with sitting area, marble baths - very nice. We actually moved from a sceond floor room as the balconies as tiny - cannot even sit outon them.

Search this Thread