Reload this Page >

Grand Caymen-Where to Stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Robert

My family and I would like to go to Grand Caymen next summer. 7-mile beach seems the place to stay. We want to snorkel, but probably not dive. Any suggestions about where a family of 5 can stay?

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:32 PM
cayman420

Go for a condo, you will be happy you did. Check out www.caymanvillas.com, lot's of pictures and pricing information. The condo's towards west bay will be on the quiet end and would require a car rental to get around. Depending on the ages of your children and what activities they are interested in you might want to stay somewhere in the middle so they can get around easliy by themselves. Grand Cayman has lot's of great places to eat and things to do. Do not miss sting ray city!!<BR>Good luck-

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Sandy

Robert,<BR>Condo is really the way to go on Grand Cayman. You can save so much money by fixing a few meals in, like breakfast. Dining out can be very expensive down there. Plus, you have more room in a condo as compared to a hotel room. Check out www.caymanvacations.com for a complete list of condos. One of the nicest is the Avalon, but the Plantana and Aqua Bay are also favorites. There's great snorkeling all over the island so you won't be disappointed wherever you decide to stay. I also agree with Stingray Sandbar, it's a must do!!<BR>Sandy

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Bill

Definitely look into a condominium on 7 Mile Beach. I have stayed with my family at Plantana Condominiums and liked it very much.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Toni

Another vote for Plantana. Stayed there 2 years ago...great location, beautiful beachfront, water crystal clear, very clean property. Have a great trip!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Susan

The Coralstone Club and The Avalon fit my family of five. Great accomdations!

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 09:19 AM
sonny

I am in complete agreement with<BR>the above poster.<BR>The Avalon and Coralstone Club are absolutely the best condos on 7MB:<BR>with the best part of the beach and incredible location.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 04:51 PM
anon

We stayed at Colonial Club. good location. Close to everything. They are all 3 bedroom with 3 baths so it wored out great. The beach is wide and beautiful there. Big screened in porches also.