Reload this Page >

nice condo in Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Denise

This is our first visit to GC and we would like a nicely furnished condo that is non-smoking near the north end of 7 mile beach if possible. Please help! I'm getting conused after looking at all the listings. Thanks

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Sandy

Denise,<BR>Check out the Avalon condos. Very nice, non-smoking, and they are northern 7MB, but closer to things than some of the other condos. If they are too pricy, try Aqua Bay. It's on the northern tip of 7MB, they are not non-smoking, but are very nice.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Randy

Denise-<BR>We tried to book at high season (Easter week) and could not get Avalon. It looks to be about the nicest on the 7MB area. Sandy is right that AquaBay also looks great.<BR><BR>We settled for Anchorage--very nice staff and large units, particularly the ocean fronts with the den. They have large screened decks, furnishing is adequate and clean but nothing special. You are right to look in the north end area of 7MB, the more north, the nicer the beach. Be sure to snorkel the Cemetery area on 7MB. <BR><BR>Ian at caymanvacations.com was very helpful for us. We booked with them and he was true to his word on everything he told me about every property. Have fun!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Denise

Thanks ,you guys are great. Ian is really helpful, it is looking like we will have to stay at Plantana condos. Do you know anything about them?<BR> Thanks again, Denise

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Sandy

Denise,<BR>You will not be disappointed at all staying at Plantana. Very nice condos and the beach there is fantastic!! Plantana is more centrally located so your close to restaurants etc. but still far away enough from the busiest part of 7MB. You'll be very happy with that condo.<BR>Sandy

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:31 PM
Zoe

Randy thanks! That was really great to hear that Ian is true to his word. We booked w/him for Discovery Point Beach, this is a very special trip for us, so I appreciated your comment.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:03 PM
Denise

Zoe,please let us know how Discovery Point was as Ian encouraged us to stay there stating that the newly decorated units are very nice. We are going the end of July,how about you?

Old May 4th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Suzette

We stayed at Colonial Club. Very nice. I would stay there again. We liked being close to restaurants and shopping. The beach there is nice and big. Never crowded for being in a prime location on 7mb. We would just sit on a lounge chair under the palm trees sipping a drionk... makes me want to go back!

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Beth

This dialog has been very helpful. Went on caymanvacations.com and looked around at properties. Did you all book on-line? Or did you talk to Ian directly (and if so how - I didn't see a telephone number of the website).

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:59 AM
xxx

Just a word of advice about Ian. I was going to book with him, and asked for a phone number but was told he didn't have one! Everything is through email! I didn't like the idea of that. What if you get to your destination and something is wrong and you can't get ahold of your travel agent accept through email? He is located on Cayman, but again, website only provides a p.o. box. He was really great and informative, but unfortunately that no phone number thing bothered me so just because of that he lost our business and I went elsewhere.

Old May 6th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Michael From New York

I also worked with Ian. I was looking for a condo. I looked at few properties onnline, then, sad to say, my friend had to cxl out. I switched from a condo to the Treasure Island Hotel, which was about half the cost of the condos. Not a whimper out of him. He gladly booked me into the Trasure Island Resort.<BR><BR>I didn't phone him once, did the entire thing by email. And my reservation was waiting for me upon arrival.<BR><BR>I would work with again.<BR><BR>Michael From New York

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Zoe

Denise, We are going first part of June. Ill let you know , and post a report. To the other question: I know there isnt a phone # and we are rather meticulous abt stuff like that, but Ian was so excellent in answering any concerns, we figured it was safe so well let you know.He was very professional and corresponded directly and specifically abt every question AND gave us a good bit of (what seemed like) neutral feedback. We asked several questions abt what was important to us and he addressed each one.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 01:08 PM
stephanie

I'm considering Treasure Island Resort or the CoralSTone Club to vacation in February with a large family all ages. Coralstone seems pricey what do you think? How is Treasure Island Club?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Steve

You should go to St. Thomas instead and stay in the fantastic Crystal Palace. Ronnie will pick you up at the airport, get your ganja for you, and you can attend the Virgin Island Man Boy Love Association meetings (VIMBLA) that are hosted there.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:11 PM
CaymanLady

The best thing about Treasure Island is their outstanding poolside lounge facilities.<BR>Best beach chairs on the island. Comfortable, supportive. In fact it's hard to pry yourself out of them once you get in them!<BR>(First aid kits available upon request. But don't expect a kind word from the staff).

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Give it Up

Hey Cayman Lady,<BR><BR>You seriously need help....get a life

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:49 AM
xxx

we have been going with our family for 8 years at Xmas time, and each time we have stayed at Casa Caribe- they are right on 7 mile, near the Hyatt, so its a great location. i highly recommend them, we wouldnt go back to them year after year if we didnt love it.... good luck!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Sandra

Try the Villas of the Galleon. Nice location. Plenty of beach and shade. Within walking distance of some great places to eat. Just got back 2 wks ago. They are located next to the Westin. Villas are nice and grounds kept well. We stayed in Unit #1 /2bed/2bath , oceanview/ ground unit. About 200 yards to the beach. Would go back and can't wait. GC is a wonderful place. Great diving & snorkeling. Enjoy

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 01:02 PM
sally

We stay every year at Colonial Club. Good location near everything but the beach is never crowded--just nice palm trees!<BR>Very private, large screened porches.<BR>Management is always responsive. They live onsite.<BR>We walk over to the Hyatt to rent beach toys and have a snack.<BR>Wish I was there right now.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 01:16 PM
George

Check caymanvacations.com, many condos list smoking policies in the amenities section, for example Avalon only permits smoking on balcony or patio. Most condos are nonsmoking, but I'd email to be sure if its a big issue. Cuban cigars are popular in Cayman since they aren't allowed in the US, so you will often find people lighting those up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -