Search

Grace Bay Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grace Bay Club

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Turks and Caicos in November 2004. We have made reservations at Grace Bay Club but recently became discouraged when we found out it's under construction (addition of another 4 buildings, pool, spa, etc.).

Has anyone been there recently and can elaborate on the extent of the construction? Was it noisy? Was the beach still pretty or was everything and everyone inconvenienced? If so, what are some other recommendations for luxurious resorts in Provo?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 07:09 AM

In my opinion, Point Grace is a much nicer property -- prettier pool, landscaping, absolutely gorgeous accomodations. GBC is very small so any construction could be very disruptive. The restaurant at GBC is very nice though.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 06:00 PM

My husband and I recently returned from TCI. We stayed at Royal West Indies which is beside Grace Bay Club. We walked through many resorts and found that the landscaping and layout of RWI was much nicer than the other resorts.
I would highly recommend RWI. We couldn't hear any construction at all. When we return we will definitely stay at RWI....everything was perfect!
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:51 AM

The last I knew Grace Bay Club was going to start construction of the new units etc early this year and it would continue for about 18 months. Am going to Provo a week from today and will check it out and post a trip report in early May. Have another recommendation for a Provo resort so if you E-mail me I will give you definitive [email protected]
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Ted

Grace Bay Club is a very nice property & the beach like all of Grace Bay is beautiful. The construction is in the back of the property. You might also want to check into Turks & Caicos Club. Both Turks & Caicos Club & Grace Bay Club are upscale hotels. Point Grace are privately owned condos & if you check on trip advisor feedback service lacking. The majority of the condos are not entered into the rental pool so service is not a priority as the upscale hotels where their business relies on their service feedback like Grace Bay & Turks & Caicos Club. The Ocean Club resorts,Sands,Coral Gardens & Royal West Indies owners(majority of owners) put their condos in the rental pool so service is a priority(moderate priced properties). Depending on what you are looking for they are all nice properties along Grace Bay & I don't think you can go wrong. Comfort Suites & Turtle Cove Inn are comparatively inexpensive hotels just a walk away from Grace Bay.