Grace Bay Club vs. Parrot Cay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been to both who could provide me with a comparison? They both look nice and are priced about the same. What I really want is a beautiful beach, nice room, friendly staff, and good food.

I was first looking at Parrot Cay but really didn't see any beach photos on their site so I'm being drawn more to the Grace Bay Club. (Planning to vacation mid June 2004.) Please help!
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Also looking at Point Grace Resort as well....thanks!
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 06:05 AM

Go to www.tripadvisor.com. It has listings of these hotels and commments from various sources. Really usefull when decideding between hotels.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 06:36 PM

Where's HowardC, he's our resident T&C/Anguilla expert. He's been to T&C many times and probably could help here.

Is this the website for Parrot Cay you were looking at?

http://217.206.205.231/

www.tripadvisor.com has conflicting reviews on Parrot Cay ... actually all three do.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 04:40 AM
cdt

We vacationed next door to Grace Bay Club a few months ago and can't imagine why anyone would pay much to stay there.

There was construction going on (I believe it still is) and a raw sewage smell emanating from the property (Grace Bay Club) almost every day.

Parrot Cay is on a separate island, very exclusive, very private. For upscale on Providenciales, I would look at Point Grace and the Turks & Caicos Club.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 08:24 AM

Have not been to Parrot Cay but have been to Provo 15 times and going back in Three weeks. My take on Parrot Cay is it is an escape for the rich and famous who want to get away from it all. It is the only resort on the Cay and no town, restaurants except The resort restaurant. I would go with Provo as there are many excellent restaurants, some shopping and more activity. Grace bay Beach is fantastic. Stayed at Grace Bay Club several years ago. It was expensive but very nice. All the condo suites have recently been redecorated. Downside--They are in the process of building about 30 more condos in four buildings so there will be construction going on. We like Coral Gardens better than Turks and Caicos Club and Point Grace. The web address is www.coralgardens.com. They really have a good deal on the Luxury Link auction site. Go to www.luxurylink.com and auctions and Caribbean. 7 nights in a penthouse suite which are 1800 sq ft. Hint-- the auction ends tomorrow. Forgot the time but it is PST. Don't bid until about 5 minutes before the auction closes. Although the closing time is stated the auction will stay open after until there are no more bids for 5 min. refresh frequently so you can see the progress of the bidding. The penthouse suites normally go for over $500/night. Luxury Link is very reputable and I have been pleased with the auctions I have won. Good web site for Provo info is www.wherewhenhow.com the online magazine of the Turks and Caicos. If you need more info feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:39 PM

We stayed at Point Grace two years ago and loved every minute. There were people walking by and coming in to see availability so they could move from Allegro, Beaches and Sands. It was funny to say hi to all the new people day after day. We actually were booked at the Royal West Indies and when we got there the room was not to par and the pool was green so we took a drive and checked ourselves into paradise. Now, we are going back in June but the owner has changed and apparently all the staff is different so we are re-thinking that one. But if the standard is the same it's a great place. The rooms are beautiful and smell great. The kitchens are fully equiped the sheets are like silk. The pool was like a warm bath....just the two of us at the pool and beach sometimes. But I'm not sure if its the same anymore. Maybe someone can fill us in...
Old Apr 4th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Ted

Luisa, I'm a little confused. If all the people from the other resorts are flocking to Point Grace to change their reservations why were you & your husband the only two at the pool & the beach?
Old Apr 4th, 2004, 01:19 PM

Hi Ted,
Well, my husband and I aren't into all the tourist stuff so therefore there were times it was just us either at the beach or pool. I should have been more specific. There was about 4 couples who decided to stay at Point Grace half way into their vacation because they saw how serene and relaxing the atmosphere was. I mean the beach infront of Beaches or Allegro was horribly conjested when we walked there. And our beach was so empty and comfortable.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the. It is most appreciated and definitely makes me continue to think about where I will be going in June. I'm still hesitant to head to Provo and am wondering if I should just return to Anguilla where I can be certain it will be heaven.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

This has been the most difficult trip to plan because there are so many conflicting reports out there about all of the resorts! I'm now leaning toward either the Turks & Caicos Club or Grace Bay Club (although I'm concerned about the construction). Anyone been to both who could do a comparison? Any more tips, HowardC? Thank you!
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Ted

I have never stayed at Grace Bay Club but have eaten at Grace Bay Club & the food is excellent, the beach is incredible. I cannot comment on the rooms but the Grace Bay Club itself is beautiful. I don't like the looks of Point Grace. I think it is downright ugly.Just not my style. Somewhat of a highrise with no charm. I like the architecture of Grace Bay. Very caribbean. I think you would be extremely happy with Grace Bay & Provo. Go for it!!!
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM

Bubbs--If you E-mail me at the address above I can give you more info--Too much to post on line.
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 03:42 PM

Bubbs, what makes Anguilla heaven? where did you stay? How do u get there? and is there any convenience there like grocery, video store or restaurants.

Ted, where did u stay on Provo?
Sounds to me u have quite the hate on for Point Grace. Why? It's a beautiful place. Did you even head inside to look. The place is divine. People would come just to take pictures. Perhaps it has much to much class for you.

Bubbs please do tell all about Anguilla. I need to know why it's so great. thanks
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Ted

I'm sorry Bubbs, I was thinking of Point Grace rather than Turks & Caicos Club for your post. Turks & Caicos Club is a beautiful resort also. Another low key resort with architectural charm.Both are fine choices.Not an eyesore like Point Grace.My opinion!
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Luisa - Why is Anguilla heaven? Here's why I think so:
Beautiful beaches, safe island, nice people, wonderful restaurants, luxury resorts.

We stayed at Cap Juluca. You can fly directly into Anguilla via San Juan on American Airlines.

Yes, there is a grocery store nearby. Not sure about video stores. Not sure why you would need video stores while on vacation??!?! At Cap Juluca you do not have tv's in your room anyway...

Anyway - I chose Turks & Caicos Club for this year so hopefully it will be Heaven too!