Getting to Grenada

Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Getting to Grenada

I know I have become somewhat of a pain on here, daily posting asking questions not easily answered. Anyway, I have decided I would love to go to Grenada, however the flight seems expensive and long, having around 3 stops. I can leave form either Atlanta or Charlotte (Hubs for US Air, Delta and Airtran) but should I fly directly into st. lucia and then can I take a boat or anything like that to Grenada? I ask because to St. Lucia the flight is $440.00 direct. OR, Should I just stay in St. Lucia?? I am still just really confused as to what I want to do, no wanting Al...

On a side note, would it be worthwhile to stay 4 nights anywhere in the Caribbean, or should I stay the 5th?? Thanks again everyone!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM

We're flying air jamaica from atlanta with one stop in Montego Bay. That's as good as it gets from Atlanta.

I wouldn't go that far for 4 days. It's a whole day of travel. I'd stay somewhere with a direct flight.

Peace, Greenie
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM

No boats between St. Lucia & Grenada. At least none that I am aware of. You can fly to St. Lucia then possibly hop on an inter-island carrier like Liat. But I think once you add the cost of that flight, you're better off getting a flight from Atlanta to Grenada.

Unfortunately Grenada is not easy to get to from the U.S., unless you fly Air Jamaica. As a lot of us are finding out.

For 4 nights, I wouldn't go that far south. I'd stick somewhere closer where you can get a direct flight or at least just 1 stop. My preference would be T&C.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM

Yes, as others have said, Grenada is difficult to get to from even the east coast of the US, and even from major gateway departure cities. It's one of my favorite islands, so it's absolutely worth it to me, but the last time I flew to Grenada I spent close to three weeks there. It would be hard for me to fly that far for only four days, but it might be worth it to you. Only you can say!
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM

You can also get to Grenada via Barbados and I believe Delta covers the Atlanta-Bdos route. Definitely no inter-island ferries between StL and Gda or Bdos and island hopping with LIAT (regional carrier) can be a bit expensive - specials are available through their website only. St Lucia is a fab island and if Gda appeals to you, you will most like enjoy StL too. For a 4/5 day trip it might be better to take the easier option and leave the more complicated Gda for a longer visit.