Search

AIR JAMAICA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
ejs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIR JAMAICA

I just got notice from Air Jamaica that they changed their flight times from NY. They went from a 6:30AM flight to an 11PM flight landing at 4AM and the return flight from 6:30 PM to a 5 AM. I can't believe this. I lose 2 days and traveling at a ridiculous hour. I am rethinking my trip and extremely disappointed. This is definitely not good for trourism in Grenada
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 11:30 AM

Since they are getting you to Granada on a different day, call and ask them to change your schedule to a day earlier without change fee.
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM

Air Jamaica is also going to be discontinuing their service to Grenada in the not too distant future, so you better confirm that side of things too.
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
ejs
Original Poster

Extending the stay may be possible, but it still means we get in at 4AM and have to leave on a 5AM flight, so we would have to get up at 3AM. I was looking forward to a vacation, not traveling in the middle of the night! As of now, not sure what we are doing, but I am not happy. I never would have booked this!
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM

oh, that's really unfortunate! Grenada is increasingly hard to reach from the US. Even American Airlines' flight schedules are far from ideal. It's much easier to get there from the UK.

You could try rebooking your ticket to a different island like St. Lucia, Barbados, or Trinidad and then taking a local airline like LIAT to get to Grenada. You'll probably have slightly better departure and arrival times.

I happen to think that Grenada is worth the trouble it takes to get together, but it's certainly a blow to learn you're losing two additional days of vacation in transit!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Did you purchase travel insurance? If so maybe this can be resolved somehow. Or if you used a credit card sometimes the credit card company can help find you another flight. It is worth checking out.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 05:58 AM
ejs
Original Poster

I changed my air to American. It has one stop and instead of taking 5 hours, it will take 10. Not too happy about that, about I have more faitn in American than AIr Jamaica to keep their schedule.

Thanks for the suggestions