St. Lucia and the Grenadines

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone done the Grenadines tour from St. Lucia. It is $300 per person and I was wondering if it is worth it. My understanding is you fly to one of the Grenadine Islands and board a Catamaran and tour some beautiful beaches. Does anyone know how long the flight is?

Option 2, is staying in St. Lucia for part of the trip and the Grenadines for the rest. Any island or resort recomendations?

Thank you
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 01:18 PM

I've done the day trip from Barbados, and thought it was worth every penny. It was an adventure though!
(stories I could tell!)
It was the highlight of my Barbados trip.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Blamona,
Now I am intrigued! What do you mean an "adventure"?
Have you ever stayed in the Grenadines?
Since you have been to so many islands, I'm curious, which one is your favorite?
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM

We did that day trip from St Lucia and also thought it was worth every cent. Fly at approx 8500 feet and see all of the islands. Flight was approx 55 minutes from STL. One question I have is how long the trip would be? I think if it were only a week, it might be a bit ambitious to try to stay in both places due to degree of difficulty getting to the Grenadines (time consuming). There are others out there who have better info on travel to that region, but just my opinion.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Hi! I am going to barbados this summer and I am thinking of doing the grenadines day trip...I saw that someone said they had "stories"...Seeing it's a good bit of $$ what were these stories like?!?!? LOL I'm just trying to figure out if it's something my family would like to do or not! ;-)

-Kristin
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:53 PM

okay, here it goes.
First, I love a story, and I LOVE the Grenadines. I'm more adventurous in my travels, my poor husband, (or lucky husband) is more traditional.

I had spent about 10 days through the Grenadines by myself. After I got married, my husband and I went to Barbados. Since I can't sit still, (my husband could) I had him do a day trip through Grenadines.

Small plane, over the Grenadines was gorgeous. We had another couple and the man's in-laws with us on the day trip. Landed in Union, got catamaran went straight to Petit St. Vincent. Beach there okay, tried to see the resort for a future visit, but wouldn't allow us other than lunch bar. (I asked, I wasn't going to venture on my own.) There is a little sand bar with umbrella that changes spots with the tide. I convinced my group to go there-it was excellent.

We were headed towards Tobago Cays, (gorgeous, but my husband never got to see them) when a squall rolled in. The captain decided to head to a cove on Palm Island, a little bit of shelter. The boat is rocking, my husband is green. (He's not that comfortable around water.) The captain dissapears with this cooler. The boat next to ours the women decide to take a shower with the rain water. The other couple with us, the man gets really drunk. He starts screaming over to the girls. "I'll take a shower with you!" (The women were naked) He jumps in the water and swims over. Brings them back for a drink and starts talking about how he married for money. (Don't forget the in laws are there.) The captain finally shows back up with beady bloodshot eyes.

Weather finally turns to a light drizzle, so we go back to Union. Everybody is walking this drunk around the runway, and the things he was saying! They would not fly the plane back until he sobered up.

Finally, we head back to Barbados. There are cloud squalls everywhere. The plane is flying like an obstacle course. Of course, being a small plane (It held 8 people), you could see all the clouds the pilot was avoiding.

We land in Barbados. (In 1 piece even!) the pilot doesn't have to go through customs, he goes right through--with the mysterious cooler the boat captian had! (Didn't even know they knew each other)

My husband said never again. Of course that only lasted until our next trip.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:57 PM

Caribfan:
My world favorite is the Maldives.
Caribbean favorites, I'm a flat dry island kinda girl. Love Anguilla, Turks and Caicos, Exumas and Harbour Island Bahamas. My hilly favorites are British Virgin Islands and St. John.
I'm glad I've been to most, some just to "cross off my list."

I'm all about the beach.
If I want culture, I go Europe/Asia/Africa.