Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Is there any good snorkeling near RIU Negril AI resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what the snorkeling is like at Bloody Bay?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Christie
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 04:17 PM

Christie: You'll need to hire a boat to take you out to the reef. There is a small uninhabited island called Booby Cay you can check out as well.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Brett!
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Brett,
I read about Booby Cay last night...I would not take the kids there as it is a place like Hedonism.

I guess that after you make a suggestion...I need to double check your suggestion.Better yet maybe it need to just ignore your suggestions!

This forum is to help people...and not try and make people have a horrible vacation.Grow up!

Christie
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 03:54 AM

Christie,
I am not sure where you got your information, but I just did a search for Booby Cay and found something completely different than you. The information that I found states it is a scuba or snorkel opportunity, swimming,water activities, wildlife area amd bird sanctuary.

Location, Negril Harbor. Description- Breeding area for Blue Footed Booby is a huge draw for birders and photographers. The Cay offers a variety of water activities and is a popular spot for picnics. It is also known as Gilligans Island. Booby's are a species of Tern.

BTW, if the RIU is where I think it is, it would be on the same beach/bay as Hedonism. That is where the AI's are. The heart of Negril Beach is down the road.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:09 AM

I think both of us know who really needs to grow up. Sheesh. The cay is was referring to is the one brendandg writes of. Instead of lambasting me on this forum, do your research first. And to be perfectly honest, I am somewhat tired of your solicitation of information on Negril. Every 6 months a trip is planned, information is sought, information is given....then your plans change. Don't get me wrong....your enthusiasm is great....your tact need work, however. Lets face it Christie....you wouldn't appreciate Negril anyway....but I am sure Negril would find a way to appreciate you. But this isn't about Negril....this is about disrespect. Find another board to throw your WT comments around.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Brenda,
I read it in my Caribbean For Dummie's book...in the Jamaica part.Now I am researching Grand Cayman because my husband changed his mind again about Jamaica...I guess that I will go sometime with a friend.

Brett,
Sorry I thought that you were trying to be fictitious.

Christie
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Brett,
This forum is for research...noone HAS to go to a certain destination.If you don't want to answer my posts...ignore them.I thought that I had finally talked my husband into going there.Plans do change for people and I should not be bashed for changing mine.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Brett,
You really do have me wrong..I would most definitely appreciate Negril and it's people..it's my husband who may not.

I have found that we are very different travelers..I like exotic beautiful places...he likes the more Americanized places..
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 05:55 AM

From jamaica.com website, Negril Beach section:

"Booby Cay
Is a small island right off the point that was the setting for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Today it is a popular spot for nude sunbathers."

Cut CaribbeanSoul a break, christiegr! He is a very helpful longtime poster here...perhaps he visited Booby Cay before it became a nude sunbather spot.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM

Somehow the picture of you reading a book titled "Caribbean for Dummies" is about as perfect as it gets. No further explanations needed there. I will take your advice and ignore you and your 1st grade level posts.

Joan (thanks by the way) is correct in her post. Yes....it can be a popular spot for nude bathers....but the entire beach in Negril is popular for that.

Happy travels, Christie....wherever you may or may NOT go.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Joan,
CaribbeanSoul has been VERY moody towards me so I thought that he was trying to be fictitious when I read that it is a XXX rated island in my book...Frommer's books are usually pretty reliable..but in this case maybe not.

Christie
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM

Christie - In CS's original post he suggested that "There is a small uninhabited island called Booby Cay you can check out as well." - well you did and you didn't like what you read but to reply with such a hostile post is inexcusable.

Tact should always be employed on these boards but you don't seem to have understood that this morning - Wouldn't it have been better to have come back with a question to clarify what Booby Cay has to offer?

I hope you have a wonderful time where ever you vacation this year. Have you thought of Barbados apparently the main visitors there are Brits so it won't be too "Americanized"

I for one will think twice before offering you any more advice after your post to CS.

BTW - I think the word you were looking for was 'facetious' ;-)
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Alya,
I have apologized for my post.I should not have jumped the gun so quick.But I have seen him act sacastic on this board before and assumed that was the case this time.

Yes..the word I was looking for IS facetious..my spelling is pretty good but not always.

Christie
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM

I think it's all in how you read the posts - I haven't read any posts where I have tought that CS was being sarcastic.

I also haven't seen your apology, Ah, I have now - very quick and very easy to miss
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 08:28 AM

Thanks for support Alya. In fact, I may even enjoy being stranded on a sandbar with you! I read her brief apology and filed it away. It doesn’t really matter and I don’t care much. I am more concerned with my credibility on this board. I feel that I have given some good advice over the years, specifically in terms of Jamaica and the Virgin Islands. I enjoy living vicariously through the travels of others when I am not as fortunate to be on or writing about a Caribbean vacation of my own.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Oh, I thought for a minute or two that I might stay out of *this* one...but five weeks of peace without any contoversy can be boring.

Christie, you do have a bit of a temper. I was the object of your anger not so long ago.

CS has certainly been patient and informative about your wishful trips to Negril. He certainly doesn't deserve to be your target.

Look homeward and try to find your true frustration. Maybe it's time to help your husband find the meaning of compromise.

I know I'm out of bounds here and one should never listen to the advice of a divorced woman...but whenever I read that your DH STILL won't consider Jamaica, I feel very sad for you.

There is no hidden agenda in this message and I'm not being facetious...I just think some of your anger, expressed on this board, should be directed elsewhere.

Marion
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Marion,
Thanks for your advice.I am not the one with the temper here.If I remember correctly..I was the object for your aggression a few months back.But I thought that lately things had been good between us.

You are right about my husband..he does need to learn how to compromise.I was excited thinking that he would finally go to Jamaica and then BAM!!He said find somewhere else.He has heard alot of bad things about Jamaica.

I am not one to go by what others say.I really want to go.

I think that he *wishywashiness* has caused alot of this.

All I can say is that I have enjoyed this forum and the information that has helped me with traveling.

Maybe I justed assumed..but I thought that ever since me and you had the disagreement...CaribbeanSoul has had a different tone towards me.Which I hate because alot of his information has been very helpful.

The last thing that I what is an argument.I am a happy go lucky type person.I just thought that he was trying to be a jerk.Sorry again Brett..will you accept my apology?

Christie

Old Mar 8th, 2006, 09:48 AM

C'mon kids Can't we all just get along? Christie posted in the heat of the moment, Brett posted in retaliation. I recommend Red Stripes all around, on me.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 10:00 AM

Christie,

I'll own up to my sarcasm any day. But "aggression"...never !It may all be a game of semantics and different meanings for different folks, but aggression is a very strong word and IMHO is not relevant to my behavior or my posts. Enough said...I hope.

Marion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -