Gallows Point question

Old Apr 20th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gallows Point question

We've always rented unit 3D when we've stayed at Gallows in the past. This time that unit is not available for when we want to go, but 3C is. My memory is that I once looked at that unit and found it inferior to 3C. Also-- and this is the most impt aspect-- I half-remember that I thought 3C (the one that's nearer Frank Bay, not Cruz Bay) would be impossible for us because one could hear the surf against the rocks below, whereas 3D was much more quiet. I am a terrifically light sleeper and while many folks love the sound of surf at night, it's a pure nuisance for me (I love it in the day!)
If someone knows both those Gallows units, I'd love to get feed-back. Or even from people who've stayed in 3C abt whether one hears the lapping waves. Thanks very much!
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

I'm topping in hopes someone knowledgeable will see the post and respond. Need to get reservations made soon. Thanks.
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 04:32 PM

poss,

Not sure if this will help or not, but have you tried contacting both Gallows Point Directly and also Suite St. John at 800-348-8444? Suite St John rents different units (at Gallows), and might be able to accomodate if Gallows can't. We will be there in Nov/Dec and found them a lot more accomodating than Gallows. Also here is a link to a map on their site that might help a bit as it show some of the unit #'s and location.

http://www.gallowspoint.com/thesuites.html
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

ScottB: Thanks very much for responding. The thing is-- I know Gallows Point pretty well, having been there 3 or 4 times-- most of the time staying in that fine unit 3D. Our first year we rented from Suite St John (they were fine, but no better than Gallows imo; in fact, we find it a little easier to get service from the Gallows folks). We stopped renting from SuiteSJ for two reasons: they didn't accept credit cards (things may be different now), and, more important, they didn't have units (at least not upper units, which are the ones we prefer) in that especially nice 3 building. I couldn't be near the harbor because I dislike all that boat noise, and we love the extra privacy of buiding 3-- since it sits by itself. Plus the view is terrific. Since I am so noise sensitive, that's why I was wondering abt the surf noise in Unit 3C-- which is closer to the shore/rocks than our old 3D. Also, I know that the units differ rather much from each other in quality, so I just wish I knew the quality of 3C (the one that's available). I wish Gallows did what some other villa/condo places do, i.e. "rate" the units and even charge differently for the "best" ones. (I know the pitfalls of that tho.) Anyway, thanks again for responding and may dear StJ and everyone else be spared hurricanes (wish that were possible!!) Happy vacationing!
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Still hoping for feed-back. Still grateful for all Fodors help.