Search

Four Seasons Nevis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Seasons Nevis

My husband and I are considering this property for our anniversary next year. I hear Nevis is beautiful and have always wanted to go. Has anyone been recently? I keep hearing about "pampering" and service - any first hand knowledge. Also, I know there is a childrens program - are there quite a few children there. We are going on a childless vacation, so I would not care for lots of kids running around. Also, is the meal plan worth it, it sounds pretty resonable. THanks for any information! Tonia
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Any recent information on this property?
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:48 AM

Put Four Seasons Nevis in the search window.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

I did that, but there is no recent info related to specifically staying at that hotel or anyone who has stayed there in 2003. Though the reviews in 2001 were great to read I'm not sure how relevant they would be now. Anyone stayed in 2003 or late 2002?
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:08 AM

My boyfriend and I stayed there in August 2002. The grounds and accomodations are beautiful. The service superb. Our problem was with pretentious guests with know-it-all attitudes, and servants reminiscent of the old southern plantations. A bit too much for me. Quite frankly, it was that guests that put me off, not the property. Vacation time is not a time to network or play &quot;one-up&quot;. Even the kids are into it. People we met chose FS so that their 8, 11 and 12 year old daughters could meet the &quot;right kind of people&quot;. ICK...<BR><BR>
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tamara - I really appreciate that info. I do hate that kind of attitude also. Did you feel that you were often around a lot of other people - at the pool, beach, ect. Also, this is the time of year my husband and I would most likely go - did you find there to be a lot of children? Tonia
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:50 AM

Hee hee.<BR>Sounds like not much has changed since we were there last in 1997.<BR>(I didn't want to give you my impression since it had been so long.)
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 11:06 AM

We're not really pool people, but would have felt crowded had we wanted to hang out. (and god forbid we should move the chaise out of the pattern.) hahahha<BR>It was also pretty crowded with families. The kids are as obnoxious/precocious as thier parents. (When I told a little 5 year old I liked her hair ribbon, she answered with a little fake grin... &quot;Thank you, Ms. XXXXX, how kind of you to say&quot;. Oh my.. my kids were taught manners, but she sounded like she was 30, at a board meeting.)<BR>Thankfully, we found a nice stretch of beach each day, and spent a lot of time diving and sailing. <BR>If your looking for something special, stay away from places with kids clubs - that's a clue.<BR>We went to Kamalame Cay recently.. a totally different kind of experience. Upscale shabby chic, wonderful staff, not much nitelife. Very relaxing. <BR>
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 08:38 AM

I returned from Nevis just a week ago. This was my second visit to<BR>the Island, and I know several locals<BR>and the history of the island. I have<BR>travelled extensively in the Caribbean, and have stayed at many<BR>small, luxury properties, e.g. Biras<BR>Creek, Peter Island, Little Dix Bay,<BR>Young Island. I prefer quietier, more<BR>personal resorts, as opposed to large properties, and have stayed <BR>both at &quot;high end&quot; and very simple<BR>places throughout my travelling career. Regarding your specific<BR>question, I had the opportunity to<BR>visit the Four Seasons, eat lunch there, and generally view the property. If I were to take a special<BR>anniversary without children, then<BR>there is absolutely no place better<BR>than Nisbet Plantation, which is also<BR>on a beach, and a better, more secluded one in my opinion. In fact,<BR>I moved to Nisbet for the last two days of my stay from one of the <BR>plantation inns in the interior, since<BR>I was sorely disappointed with the marginal service and very bad food<BR>there, despite glowing reviews. The<BR>staff at Nisbet is gracious without<BR>being obsequious, learned my name<BR>within minutes, and could not have done more to accommodate me and<BR>my college-aged daugther, who was<BR>with me. The food is extraordinary,<BR>and the manager excellent. It is totally relaxing, yet many activities<BR>can be arranged. They even provide<BR>a small parking lot for the few (3-5) day visitors who use their beach, as opposed to the Four Seasons attitude, which posts a large sign on<BR>Pinney's (their beach) that the Four<BR>Seasons facilities are reserved for<BR>guests. Even during the week I had<BR>lunch there (with lower occupancy<BR>due to the war in Iraq), there were many infants in strollers, lots of<BR>toddlers, loads of noise, and a less restful atmosphere. I am definitely not against children, since my daughter travelled around the world with me since she was quite young, but the children I observed at this resort did not seem to be contained (this is of course the parents' fault). Also, my daughter signed up directly with the sole scuba provider on the island for a lesson, and was told to report to the Four Seasons. When we got there, the lesson was delayed for over an hour to &quot;accommodate&quot; the guests at the Four Seasons who did not sign up in advance as required but felt it was their right<BR>to attend despite that not enough <BR>equipment was delivered to the hotel. I hope these comments are<BR>somewhat helpful. Oh, there is a nice new little airport in Nevis. We<BR>took Winair from St. Maarten (US<BR>Airways partner), but were subject<BR>to a long delay coming in due to <BR>equipment problems. We noted<BR>some people used charters from<BR>Antigua or St. Maarten, which are not<BR>too expensive and saved loads of time. Hope this helps. <BR>
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:34 PM
lbw

I am sad to hear that the FS is so snobby. We are going there for our 10-year anniversary, and I really had high expectations. We had a difficult time picking where we were going and chose the FS Nevis because the island sounded very nice. I hope that we are not disappointed!
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 05:10 PM

lbw,<BR>You will love Nevis so much that the nouveau riche snot mavens at FS will not matter one bit.<BR>The island is gorgeous, the people are so friendly, and you can find enough things to do and see that any unpleasantness you encounter (and I agree it will ONLY come from resort guests) will not cause a bit of trouble for you on your vacation.<BR>Enjoy the pampering of the hotel, and be grateful you can enjoy and appreciate being able to go to such a lovely place without spending your trip trying to impress others.<BR>You will have a wonderful time!<BR>(cyburowl, there were very few children there when we went.)
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

I'm glad to hear the hotel and its employees are not snobby, that would really be a disappointment. I could care less if the other guests are snobby, personally, I'm going for a romantic trip with my hubby - I doubt we will even know anyone else is there! LOL lbw- I hope you have a great ten year anniversary, I would love to hear how it went and how you enjoyed the Four Seasons - Enjoy! Tonia