February Weather- Tood cold?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be leaving for Parrot Cay on this Saturday and are concerned that the weather will be too cold to go swimming in the ocean. Anyone have first hand experience?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Well, today is going to be about 80 during the day but in the upper 60s at night. It's all relative. The water is never frigid there as it is in the northern Atlantic. If you are used to swimming in Cape Cod and find that kind of temperature bracing and invigorating, then I think the water will be fine. But if you are looking for Caribbean-warm waters, you're going to be disappointed. I don't think the water around Parrot Cay will warm up to that level until well into March.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

We swim in Cape Cod bay in the summer, and the water is pretty cool for most of the time. As long as it is sunny and warm I wouldn't mind the cooler water. I don't want a bathtub. So it should be like Florida this time of year?? I am just nervous that I will be in a sweatshirt on the beach?!?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM

The water temps will be much like Florida, though perhaps a tad warmer than in Miami. I don't think days will be sweatshirt weather (it's usually slightly warmer than Miami on land as well), but the forecasts are for low 60s at night, so it's definitely sweatshirt then.

If you can swim in Cape Cod, this may seem like bathwater to you!!!!
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Hey its the bay, and even then, I wade in slowly....and its usually not until August or so!!! But thanks for the advice. We are staying in a beach house unit on Parrot Cay, and the point of that is to well be on the beach!!! I will make sure to bring some long sleeves for evening.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM

sjmom, i so hope you'll come back with a trip report and photos. would like to know how you do with food. will you be taking coolers? buying on provo? can you eat at the resort? do these houses come with a cook?
does the house/resort pick you up on provo?
does the house come with a boat?
besides water temp i'd like to hear if the snorkeling is good? is there a long beach to go for walks on?
have a great time!
here's a handy water temp guide: http://www.diveprovo.com/information.html
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Sure I will give a full report. I know our beach unit does not have a cook. Those are the villas. And since we are only going 4 days and we rarely get away we will most likely be spending the money to have all our meals at the resort. I will write back next week when we are unfortunately home.
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 05:23 AM
LilRicky

You will love the food, particularly in the restaurant by the pool. Just be prepared for truly outrageous prices!